History of sock trends

Frosty

Hmmmmm,

few from the early days, then wife got me a few, and then I took advtange of their deal last year with the Ciovita Supremo bibs + 4 pairs of socks... They feel good on my feet and thats all that matters.

Its Friday, flame proof suit is on :whistling: :whistling:

attachicon.gif20200115_141411.jpg

Is the flame suit for the duvet cover?

Out of curiosity: what support are you looking for from a sock?

Not sure how to explain that, the difference is when I wear versus socks my feet are always sore at the end of a ride or run. Like the entire foot feels like it's been constricted and the ball and heel feel like they been taking more abuse, something I don't have if I wear falke or balega which are my exclusive sock now, I have over 20 pairs of falke collecting dust in my cupboard. Nothing specifically wrong with them, balega is just better.

I won't waste my. Money on another versus, they look funky but that's all there is too it, they are the least comfortable pair I own for sports, they fine for wearing to work, but they offer zero support when running or ridding.

While a funky sock looks nice, what's the point of looking good and working ****. It's like buying a ferrari with a lawnmower engine in.

Funky socks better than funky pants!

Haven't you heard, it's all about aero socks now. If it isn't 0.5mm thick and held up by silicone grippers, you're wasting watts! Also, white is pro. White shoes with white socks is hard to beat

I'm actually with Reme Le Hane on this one. I have a few pairs of Versus socks in various thicknesses and guises from goody bags and gifts.

I find their socks 'slip' inside my shoes and my feet sweat more when I wear them.

I can't trail run in them as they slide around in my usually stable trail shoes and my toes land up feeling pinched. Similar feeling on the bike.

MASSIVE Falke sock fan. I have a few Injinji socks which I really like. 

I find I buy socks for running and they usually translate into very comfy cycling socks. 

As I am 100% ugly I can't justify choosing socks for anything other than functionality.

Nothing worse than mutton dressed as lamb...................

I'm actually with Reme Le Hane on this one. I have a few pairs of Versus socks in various thicknesses and guises from goody bags and gifts.

I find their socks 'slip' inside my shoes and my feet sweat more when I wear them.

I can't trail run in them as they slide around in my usually stable trail shoes and my toes land up feeling pinched. Similar feeling on the bike.

MASSIVE Falke sock fan. I have a few Injinji socks which I really like.

I find I buy socks for running and they usually translate into very comfy cycling socks.

As I am 100% ugly I can't justify choosing socks for anything other than functionality.

Nothing worse than mutton dressed as lamb...................

I was introduced to balega back when I ran on the road, was on the hunt for warn running sox which in SA is like chicken teeth, eventually found the balega blister resist which is made with mohair at the Run store in bree Street.

Been a fan ever since, they make a funky looking one called enduro which I find is awesome for cycling partly as they much thinner, my flat shoes have less wiggle room than my clips the the blister resist just don't fit. They not so great for running but I have 5 pairs of the blister resist for that. [emoji23]