2020 Tour de PPA

Sbloomer

It's an amazing difference. From the first ride I felt better on the bike and more power too. It feels like my feet are more stable on the pedal which makes sense given that there's a bigger contact area?

Love my lakes.

Sounds like I must give in and get some road shoes!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you'll regret it. I was surprised by how much of a difference it makes.

Sounds like I must give in and get some road shoes!

my index also got a considerable jump after this weekends long route. i see the entries are still open for CTCT...which tells me if I had hypothetically entered this week i would have a start time a lot better than the one i have currently....knowing they usually use the ppa race even though it is not a official seeding event. I'm not a member though...

My wife is stil unsure wether or not she can ride (work commitments/ int. travel)...so at this stage i'm wanting to apply for a reseeding/query just in case i'm riding on my own and can go balls to the wall.If she CAN ride...i can still drop back to 5D -_- .

pretty sure i'm not going to get an email response out of them this week. is the common consensus to ask the racetec peeps at the expo for a new starting time?

my index also got a considerable jump after this weekends long route. i see the entries are still open for CTCT...which tells me if I had hypothetically entered this week i would have a start time a lot better than the one i have currently....knowing they usually use the ppa race even though it is not a official seeding event. I'm not a member though...

My wife is stil unsure wether or not she can ride (work commitments/ int. travel)...so at this stage i'm wanting to apply for a reseeding/query just in case i'm riding on my own and can go balls to the wall.If she CAN ride...i can still drop back to 5D -_- .

pretty sure i'm not going to get an email response out of them this week. is the common consensus to ask the racetec peeps at the expo for a new starting time?

They told me on friday they were going to do reseeding on the 28th of Feb. I only entered last week so wasn't even showing as entered on racetec so called them Friday and lady told me I'd only get my seeding on the 28th and that if I did well in Tour de PPA it'd affect my seeding. I think Milky was told the same, so I think you might be bumped up.

Smashing out the punishment to E group on residual fitness alone!!

Good to meet you too Skubarra and thanks for the help - like our politicians, sufficient compensation will sway any pretense of morality and  the riches of a promotion to D batch will make me put my scruples aside.

Keep the medal, you were bridging that gap every day of the week. Just think of it as unnecessary interference from an over-eager fan who wanted a mention in one of Mamil's world famous hub race reports..

Was great meeting you Mamil, but you are way too humble, I recall a few sections where you were the one upfront dishing out pain to the rest of E bunch after the Vissershok climb...

I might have been one of the culprits upfront when our group scattered on the R302 (honestly wasn't the intention), by the time we got to the silos not having done more than a 1,5 hour ride in the past month caught up with me and I was running on fumes for the last 15km just praying not to get dropped.

Second last climb from the finish we had the typical PPA alphabet soup race scenario where 2 wheelsuckers (who I have not noticed at all earlier in the race) did their little break-away for the finish (by wheelsucking the leading short route riders) and I ended up in no-mans land between them & the bunch trying to chase after them with lead legs.

Good news is that it was my first pain-free & long ride in a month so the CTCT is back on for me, biggest challenge now is to magically find some endurance in the next 2 weeks...

Just go to the expo and be lekker to the people at the table, they would have heard 100's of stories about people sprinting to 2nd in H group the whole day and how their family refers to them as "Peter Sagan like" so just a bit of empirical data and a smile will probably go a long way.

if there is not Go Pro footage then it probably didn’t happen

Got to be the quickest flat fix and successful chase back in the history of PPA races. A few F1 teams could learn a thing or two from you.

When I saw you drifting back I just put my head down till I saw your rear wheel, think I groaned something and we were off. Think went from 52km/h to 56km/h just enough to bridge!

I messed up the gopro, thought I clicked the chase back on gopro, I got a lot of action once joined back though.

daf330097b34c9571df671cb39c568e7.jpg

Edited by Pure Savage

When I saw you drifting back I just put my head down till I saw your rear wheel, think I groaned something and we were off. Think went from 52km/h to 56km/h just enough to bridge!

I messed up the gopro, thought I clicked the chase back on gopro, I got a lot of action once joined back though.

the way you were barreling down on us I have no doubt you would’ve made it back on your own, albeit spent.

Just go to the expo and be lekker to the people at the table, they would have heard 100's of stories about people sprinting to 2nd in H group the whole day and how their family refers to them as "Peter Sagan like" so just a bit of empirical data and a smile will probably go a long way.

i hardly care about the 'racing merits' of being higher up, i'm under no illusion that i'll never ride where a lot of you guys operate unless I invest more time and maybe in a 'dunwiel' bike (i probably want to need a gravelbike lol)...i just want to be in the height of the vibe...there is defo a sweetspot  for that imo.

I'd say (in my head at least) that you'd want to hit the finish between 11 and 2 ish to experience the best of the party vibe in terms of support from the side of the road,MC's etc etc.   People (crowd, cyclists, waterpoints) all get bored by the time you get to certain points if you start right at the back and go slow. When you hit camps bay and realise that nobody cares about the cycle tour anymore and or they are starting to dismantle some of the overhead gantries etc....it sortoff spoils some of that vibe. Houtbay is a jol all the way to the end though, no wonder there is a cutoff point there...I think alot of people just stay haha

486 watts for 5 minutes. Must be photoshop?

i hardly care about the 'racing merits' of being higher up, i'm under no illusion that i'll never ride where a lot of you guys operate unless I invest more time and maybe in a 'dunwiel' bike (i probably want to need a gravelbike lol)...i just want to be in the height of the vibe...there is defo a sweetspot for that imo.

I'd say (in my head at least) that you'd want to hit the finish between 11 and 2 ish to experience the best of the party vibe in terms of support from the side of the road,MC's etc etc. People (crowd, cyclists, waterpoints) all get bored by the time you get to certain points if you start right at the back and go slow. When you hit camps bay and realise that nobody cares about the cycle tour anymore and or they are starting to dismantle some of the overhead gantries etc....it sortoff spoils some of that vibe. Houtbay is a jol all the way to the end though, no wonder there is a cutoff point there...I think alot of people just stay haha

Well if you can show your seeding is wrong and your times in races are faster than seeding then say that. Regardless if want yo go from 2A to 1B or 4F to 2C, just don’t go along saying I wanna I wanna etc

Look with numbers like that I think you should also take a shift down in the alphabet pushing mamils up the steep bits. Imagine the look on BillyGoat's face then!!

Whoops, was supposed to blur that out

Edited by Mamil

Look with numbers like that I think you should also take a shift down in the alphabet pushing mamils up the steep bits. Imagine the look on BillyGoat's face then!!

We did go down to B to up Travis seeding. Finally got his A [emoji16]

Well if you can show your seeding is wrong and your times in races are faster than seeding then say that. Regardless if want yo go from 2A to 1B or 4F to 2C, just don’t go along saying I wanna I wanna etc

i'll go ask nicely, and if they don't feel like it - thats good too. Should probably be a non issue as mentioned earlier by devocean anyway... 

Hey Billy Goat,

Was great crossing the finish line with you yesterday  :D  We were both spent and broken with the front group a few km ahead. Little did we know we would be in for a nice surprise with the jump into D. Well done!