2020 Tour de PPA

Sbloomer

Yes they will most likely stop you as they have stopped others. Depends if they spot  you or not.

Why don't they like go pros on helmets? Am I missing something?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't they like go pros on helmets? Am I missing something?

safety

if you fall it can cause severe injury.

Has to be on your bars or mounted to a  chest strap.

Chestie feels a bit more dangerous to me than the helmet strap. My helmet one will snap off under impact but the chestie will smash into ribcage.

Oh well, I will mount it under my garmin instead and post group E start effort and the mamilian scramble to hold on for as long as possible. If I pick up any good looking stragglers after vissers I'll add some nice wheelsucking shots as a bonus.

safety

Has to be on your bars or mounted to a  chest strap.

Chestie feels a bit more dangerous to me than the helmet strap. My helmet one will snap off under impact but the chestie will smash into ribcage.

Oh well, I will mount it under my garmin instead and post group E start effort and the mamilian scramble to hold on for as long as possible. If I pick up any good looking stragglers after vissers I'll add some nice wheelsucking shots as a bonus.

Michael Schumacher..... vroom..... 

Cameras on helmets are a known cause of transforming meat into vegan fodder.

safety

Has to be on your bars or mounted to a chest strap.

Not allowed on chest either. Been pulled off for that. Has to be mounted to the bike.

Hmm - I do use mine on my helmet from time to time - it may be a prelude to a Darwin moment but I do think it will snap off under impact - or I may be a crash test dummy.

Michael Schumacher..... vroom..... 

Cameras on helmets are a known cause of transforming meat into vegan fodder.

Will see you in E tomorrow - physio and chiro said I'm allowed to race the full distance tomorrow if I behave myself and fall back a few groups. Auntie at the registration desk laughed in my face when I asked if I can get an E sticker, apparently no one in the history of PPA races have ever asked for a seeding number lower than their group. Not so sure about that but since she flat out refused I will be there with my A sticker, what kit will you be wearing?

A blue top with a goat on the back - matt gray trek emonda - 

I've just seen that to hold on to E last year to the top of tiekiedraai I needed about 440 watts for approx 4 mins and 15 seconds. After about 300 watts leading up to that ... I was about 40 seconds shy of that last year. I'm 2kg lighter now so .... let's see -

Although the creator only knows what I'll need on vissershok. Probably a drink.

What kit you in?

Will see you in E tomorrow - physio and chiro said I'm allowed to race the full distance tomorrow if I behave myself and fall back a few groups. Auntie at the registration desk laughed in my face when I asked if I can get an E sticker, apparently no one in the history of PPA races have ever asked for a seeding number lower than their group. Not so sure about that but since she flat out refused I will be there with my A sticker, what kit will you be wearing?

Gonna be a good fitness test tomorrow.

Sterkte, Skubarru

Race like a warmed up Subaru in rally mode ????

What happened that you are on the comeback trail?

What happened that you are on the comeback trail?

Haha! Exactly why I wanted an E number so as not to explain to everybody what I'm doing in this bunch  :P . But to answer your question, ran out of talent on that slip & slide Atta-kloof downhill and being a fellow-MAMIL the recovery is not coming along as quickly as it used to in the past...

Will be in a "snap scan" themed black & blue kit, if you see me struggling up Vissershok please give me a push

Jislaaik that slip and slide after the KOM was unrideable - the woman in front of me went down and literally slid about 5 meters on her bum.

Haha! Exactly why I wanted an E number so as not to explain to everybody what I'm doing in this bunch  :P . But to answer your question, ran out of talent on that slip & slide Atta-kloof downhill and being a fellow-MAMIL the recovery is not coming along as quickly as it used to in the past...

Will be in a "snap scan" themed black & blue kit, if you see me struggling up Vissershok please give me a push