2020 Tour de PPA

Sbloomer

That'll save you some dough!! I set mine to be easy until I get used to this single sided story!

you going to laugh, but after 4 sets of shimano road pedals and 8 years, Friday was the first time I realized you could tighten the clip in vibe on the pedal. I was just buying new ones each time it became loose.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is horribly wrong, how would i go about getting a reseed?

Go along to racetec desk at expo, take along some strava yearly stats, take along your PPA seeding and say I think there has been a mistake. Think there is a reseed cost

My seeding email says

If you would like to view the start group sequence click here
If you would like to view the guidelines on how you were seeded click here
If you would like to query your seeding click here https://login.entries.co.za/login/?rts=rq&oh=queries.racetec.co.za
Please note that seeding queries will close on Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 13:00

Entries for the Cape Town Cycle Tour are still available! To enter, click here
Best wishes & safe cycling,

Cape Town Cycle Tour Team

Mine is horribly wrong, how would i go about getting a reseed?

@ mamil

Glad you love the Lakes. They're awesome. As affordability allows I'm converting my shoe chest to Lake.

Giro are excellent quality but too narrow. 

The Lake shoes definitely feel like the support is much better and delivers more power. No comparison to other brands and my heel is much more effectively and comfortably held firmly in position\

Then there is that roomy toe box...

I have wide feet so it really limits my choices. Shimano does a size 48wide that fits in the mtb shoe and the gear change who I rely on for my bike stuff ordered these for me.

Pricey but worth it!

@ mamil

Glad you love the Lakes. They're awesome. As affordability allows I'm converting my shoe chest to Lake.

Giro are excellent quality but too narrow. 

The Lake shoes definitely feel like the support is much better and delivers more power. No comparison to other brands and my heel is much more effectively and comfortably held firmly in position\

Then there is that roomy toe box...

Race report

I should be disqualified from today's Tour de PPA and my 16th place in E batch ceded to the rider in 17th spot. Like most people who profit by illegitimate means, I long for the punishment that will free me from my guilt. 

Keep the medal, you were bridging that gap every day of the week. Just think of it as unnecessary interference from an over-eager fan who wanted a mention in one of Mamil's world famous hub race reports..

Was great meeting you Mamil, but you are way too humble, I recall a few sections where you were the one upfront dishing out pain to the rest of E bunch after the Vissershok climb...

I might have been one of the culprits upfront when our group scattered on the R302 (honestly wasn't the intention), by the time we got to the silos not having done more than a 1,5 hour ride in the past month caught up with me and I was running on fumes for the last 15km just praying not to get dropped.

Second last climb from the finish we had the typical PPA alphabet soup race scenario where 2 wheelsuckers (who I have not noticed at all earlier in the race) did their little break-away for the finish (by wheelsucking the leading short route riders) and I ended up in no-mans land between them & the bunch trying to chase after them with lead legs.

Good news is that it was my first pain-free & long ride in a month so the CTCT is back on for me, biggest challenge now is to magically find some endurance in the next 2 weeks...

My seeding email says

If you would like to view the start group sequence click here

If you would like to view the guidelines on how you were seeded click here

If you would like to query your seeding click here https://login.entries.co.za/login/?rts=rq&oh=queries.racetec.co.za

Please note that seeding queries will close on Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 13:00

Entries for the Cape Town Cycle Tour are still available! To enter, click here

Best wishes & safe cycling,

Cape Town Cycle Tour Team

I went through all that options, and it only mentions of 2019 races not used.

I think trying at the expo is my best bet

Conditions certainly were tough today. Hope that beta is big enough for milky to win his reseed to $ bunch

Rumor is that he got his $.

Nothing to do for pulling me back to the bunch after my puncture today.

I've no idea how they worked out who goes to $. Had a crappy One Tonner but beta was high (even though it wasn't windy) so that's the race that's determining my seeding (index just under 9). But there are guys that have a way lower index than me who aren't seeded in $

4:22 in today's race gives you an index of 10:30

sure...

Let me know if you need a tow home from work in the SE? ????????‍♂️

I've no idea how they worked out who goes to $. Had a crappy One Tonner but beta was high (even though it wasn't windy) so that's the race that's determining my seeding (index just under 9). But there are guys that have a way lower index than me who aren't seeded in $

4:22 in today's race gives you an index of 10:30

Interesting, of course that 1 time i miss One Tonner.

I have index around 9 and have asked the $ question... No response as yet ????

I have index around 9 and have asked the $ question... No response as yet

Take it up with them directly at the Expo. Will be sorted as an index of 9 ish is cearly going to the a problem for the 1alphabets

if there is not Go Pro footage then it probably didn’t happen ????

Got to be the quickest flat fix and successful chase back in the history of PPA races. A few F1 teams could learn a thing or two from you.

I have index around 9 and have asked the $ question... No response as yet

How did you go today? I think today was way harder than One Tonner

How did you go today? I think today was way harder than One Tonner

Did not race today... Opted for the Imbuko challenge this wkend.