UCI XCO World Cup 2020 -2021 Season

Hairy

Seems like he likes to mention the riders from his Rob meets series in particular.

I enjoy those.All rehearsed of course.Who cares...Kate was an interesting one.Rachel Atherton was hilarious.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rewatched the Ladies race, the others stood no chance once Loana Lecomte went. Wow. Must be some serious power to weight ratio, any ideas? She looks tiny.

Although some good climbing there, I think they have dumbed down Albstadt significantly from a  technical pov. Way too easy, wooden ramps and all. That one short sharp decent after that climb used to see a lot of action, now its a gentle roll out.  And call that a  rock garden?

Hopefully some more testing stuff in the Czech Republic this weekend although LL won there last year didn't she?

Or maybe there is a UCI memo going around making cycling safe again.

After Flukigers wheelie into the hospital a few years ago they buiilt the wooden board walk. The course was just too dangerous but also those rock gardens strung the field out. If you went in first and didn;t crash you gained 10 seconds easy as the riders behind had to wait. I rode that course many years ago, its a lot scarier than it looks on TV! Haven't been there since the course has the new woodwork though but that woodwork is probably steep enough to make it unwalkable in the wet let alone ride a bicycle down it

I rewatched the Ladies race, the others stood no chance once Loana Lecomte went. Wow. Must be some serious power to weight ratio, any ideas? She looks tiny.

Although some good climbing there, I think they have dumbed down Albstadt significantly from a technical pov. Way too easy, wooden ramps and all. That one short sharp decent after that climb used to see a lot of action, now its a gentle roll out. And call that a rock garden?

Hopefully some more testing stuff in the Czech Republic this weekend although LL won there last year didn't she?

Or maybe there is a UCI memo going around making cycling safe again.

An easy track but intense racing. Just ask all those that got dropped, including some big names.

Not all tracks should be too technical. Variety is nice to see.

He also features the Red Bull sponsored riders since the series sponsor is RedBull.

Then he mentions riders of interest. Alan isn't quite on his radar yet even though he finished ahead of Henry on Sunday. Henry still got more mentions. Rob knows his job and he does it well...

The same happens when watching DAKAR on RedBull.

The racing clips are the same as seen as on DStv and others.  But all the behind the scenes clips are of RedBull riders and teams.

Perfectly understandable, it IS an ADD channel after all.   :thumbup:

Busy watching the ladies race.  WOW !!! some seriously powerful ladies !!!  Very happy Yolanda is slowly getting her form back.

Rob and Bart mention Redbull athletes more than anyone else because .. Well.. They're Redbull athletes. It's the only reason why they still point out Emily Betty in the field in the last 4 or 5 years because she really hasn't been in the sharp edge of the competition in years.

Rob certainly getting a lot of flack on here. He's not perfect, but he's improved a lot. We could have worse. Just go listen to the 2012 Olympics.

2012 ... the one commentator had a gem of a comment relating to the Lefty's "I have just recently discovered the Lefty fork" ... well technically it is not really a "fork" either, then his buddy chips in saying "many high end motorbikes are using the same forks these days"

Then they spend what feels like an eternity discussing bike weights.

Let's hope for better at the 2021 XCO events .... wait what ... did you see that .... 2012 and 2021 .... 

After Flukigers wheelie into the hospital a few years ago they buiilt the wooden board walk. The course was just too dangerous but also those rock gardens strung the field out. If you went in first and didn;t crash you gained 10 seconds easy as the riders behind had to wait. I rode that course many years ago, its a lot scarier than it looks on TV! Haven't been there since the course has the new woodwork though but that woodwork is probably steep enough to make it unwalkable in the wet let alone ride a bicycle down it

Yep, the descents are super steep, they were going seriously quickly there. I'm not a fan of the wood work though. I like Nino's gap on the last descent drop off. A few years ago that plus his speed on the downs would have won him the race but the XC crowd have gone full enduro and all fly down the mountain (and up).

BTW, was Gaze even in the race? I though he went full roadie?

Edited by Headshot

I think we can all agree that modern XCO is really entertaining and that Red BullTV have done a brilliant job in making this and the DH be exposed to a world wide platform that the sport would not have seen otherwise.

Even as a big advertorial for RBTV, I really do not mind and love their "advertising"

Yep, the descents are super steep, they were going seriously quickly there. I'm not a fan of the wood work though. I like Nino's gap on the last descent drop off. A few years ago that plus his speed on the downs would have won him the race but the XC crowd have gone full enduro and all fly down the mountain (and up).

BTW, was Gaze even in the race? I though he went full roadie?

Gaze was there. he finshed waaaaaaaaaay down.

Theres a bloke who's gone from hero to zero within 2 years.

hairy, watch Alan this weekend. The course will suit him a little more. Remember how well he went there last year?

He's shaping up to be a strong medal contender

Gaze was there. he finshed waaaaaaaaaay down.

Theres a bloke who's gone from hero to zero within 2 years.

hairy, watch Alan this weekend. The course will suit him a little more. Remember how well he went there last year?

He's shaping up to be a strong medal contender

AH is going to have a good year ... this based on my gut feel and keyboard investigations!

Gaze was the chop with an attitude if I recall correctly.

AH is going to have a good year ... this based on my gut feel and keyboard investigations!

Gaze was the chop with an attitude if I recall correctly.

Hatherly's trajectory is consistent, a lot more healthy towards a meaningful career imho.

Also hope to see Koretsky pull out stronger results from now, been a long time coming and his riding style/skills are right up there with the likes of Schurter. Check out some of his earlier Instagram posts. Style for dayz!

Yeah, and still making excuses on his performance this past weekend. Look it can’t be fun having MvP as a teammate but still...

did he open his mouth again?