UCI XCO World Cup 2020 -2021 Season

Hairy

I’ve ridden Albstadt ( and other xco tracks on the calendar) . And it is FAR from dangerous.

Yes it’s steep. Yes it’s slippery in the wet.

But your average SA xco is far more dangerous.

Uci tracks are technical and make you work for your money. But they are safe. The “run off” areas where you likely to crash off course are well groomed and not going to kill you like sa tracks where you hope you not impaled with a branch/ rocks / or some other hazard.

Albstadt devils corner is of the steepest sections on the calendar. But I think one section in La Bresse is steeper. But the entrance is straighter making it easier to ride.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But compare it to something Mont Sainte-Anne with those really tasting technical bits, descents and climbs although La Beatrice has been smoothed over lately, its a favourite with many and I think XCO needs these features to test the riders.

Our very own saffa course builder knows a thing or two (Nick Floros)  PMB was excellent! The original Rock Garden. He did Rio and Tokyo as well apparently. Perhaps they should get him out to Germany to spice things up there a bit, but Germans are generally very sensible rule followers, although they do have some highways with no speed limits.

For me, Lenzeheid and PMB are the 2 best tracks. Never had the opportunity to ride Monte Sainte Anne, but it would be up there with the 2 of them.

Shaka's playground was a brilliant section and the original tree house rock garden.

Mike

Nice write up on Netwerk24 about the SA ladies in this event.

Too far off pace to get any airtime ... but, tight race between two SA ladies for a spot in the olympics ... but the fine print of the the top THREE SA ladies and then the SA men all add up in some convoluted way to determine who or even if one of them goes to the olympics.

And they do this on their dime, no big money nor a back up team .... RESPECT

Obviously the action is up front, and this what we want to see, but there is just so much more to it ....

41 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Nice write up on Netwerk24 about the SA ladies in this event.

Too far off pace to get any airtime ... but, tight race between two SA ladies for a spot in the olympics ... but the fine print of the the top THREE SA ladies and then the SA men all add up in some convoluted way to determine who or even if one of them goes to the olympics.

And they do this on their dime, no big money nor a back up team .... RESPECT

Obviously the action is up front, and this what we want to see, but there is just so much more to it ....

I saw the article. Nice to see them giving some publicity to cycling. They even had an article on Ryan Gibbons' win yesterday.

8 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

The race is 10mins old and these two have said "Annie Last" like 67 times already 

to be fair - she's at the sharp end of the race.....mentioning Emily batty at 17th or whatever she is is worse!

edit...but you are right - they mention her more than the leader!

Edited by Stretch

9 hours ago, Stretch said:

to be fair - she's at the sharp end of the race.....mentioning Emily batty at 17th or whatever she is is worse!

fair point 

but Also talking about a sprint and they don't even mention jenny , i recon she could out sprint everyone in the top 5 if the front two don't pull away now 

strange to me that the men are doing the same laps as the women , perhaps the ladies race went too far over 20min ( can't remember what it was now 

incredible power by those two...unreal! pidcock was flat out and MVDP still pipped him