UCI XCO World Cup 2020 -2021 Season

Hairy

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Viktor Koretsky signed with B&B Hotels.

Blevins team Infinity folds at the end of the season. He is yet to announce a new contract for 2022.

I am sure there will be teams fighting to get him on board .... wonder if Intense might step up to the USA, USA, USA call and get him riding for them ... or one of the other US based teams ?

Trek are rocking and rolling right now, but could certainly use a guy like him in the XCO team.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Nino punctured trying to go with the attack. That tells me he was pushing really hard to stay with Chris. 

If you watch, he punctured just after that rough decent and moved aside on the right bend. Blevins attacked after that. Nino's form was good throughout the race ... But we will never know now... Blevins certainly deserved the win as he rode an outstanding race.

Unusually, the men's race was far more entertaining than the women's. It was great to see ER winning but where were the other contenders. I think BB paid ER a disservice when he implied she won because RM had a puncture. No way she would have kept up with Evie, puncture or not. 

Pity about NS puncture which i suspect would not have changed the outcome too much - maybe a place or two but not the win. CB was a machine. About time a yank won another XCO event - its been nearly 30 years, as they kept telling us.

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Viktor Koretsky signed with B&B Hotels.

Blevins team Infinity folds at the end of the season. He is yet to announce a new contract for 2022.

Cheers, must have missed what Baaaart was saying, but it make sense being a French team for Viktor

But its Trinity Racing (not Infinity, that's Nascar lol) is the team of Chris, initially was built around Piddles, and all about up & coming youth, they have done great things so pity if it is folding as you say. it was founded and owned Andrew McQuaid (ex UCI presidente Pat's son).

I can't seem to find any reference to them folding, which would be a big shame really.

But they do seem to be a on a tight budget after Tom's departure

https://maap.cc/stories/the-changing-face-of-trinity-racing

Edited by kosmonooit

10 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

said Tinker was a Cannondale rider most of his career

TINKERCA_V2-e1543342259499.jpg

I still ride a Fatty as my pavement warrior

Funny that ... I am still a Fatty riding on the pavement warrior.

8 hours ago, Paulst12 said:

If you watch, he punctured just after that rough decent and moved aside on the right bend. Blevins attacked after that. Nino's form was good throughout the race ... But we will never know now... Blevins certainly deserved the win as he rode an outstanding race.

I agree, looked to me as if his front wheel already gave way at the turn. Pity, would have been a good run to the finish. Nino was however only one of many who punctured, would have been a very different race if we saw no punctures.

Read something last night, think pinbike, was one of the gents that raced, top 5 last weekend, on a Blur, they showed his bike spec, he was running 2.25 tyres. Actually interesting to see that now that so many people are going wider and wider, 2.4. I guess they use the 2.25 for a reason then.....

40 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Read something last night, think pinbike, was one of the gents that raced, top 5 last weekend, on a Blur, they showed his bike spec, he was running 2.25 tyres. Actually interesting to see that now that so many people are going wider and wider, 2.4. I guess they use the 2.25 for a reason then.....

Greg Minnaar was set to run 2.4's on his dh bike had he raced, so I guess that also says something.