Side entry bottle cage that doesn't scratch up bottles??

NeverNotRolling

Trick is to clean the cage after every ride. If you are referring to scratches on the bottle.

I have been using this for a while now. its left and right side entry.

DUAL%20SIDE%20CAGE-500x500.JPG

Been wanting to change it for a supacaz, but this works.

All bottle/cage combos start to scuff in time. Especially if you get caught in wet/muddy conditions. Best is to rotate bottles regularly.

Two cages I use on the MTB and gravel bike, haven't failed me, have a lifetime warranty and are cheap cheap, like the budgie... 

Ryder Sidekick: 

http://www.rydercycling.co.za/ryder-products/cages-1/side-kick-cage-detail

post-2147-0-68465800-1583399758_thumb.jpg

Titan Smart Cage (can be changed to left or right:

https://www.titanracingbikes.com/product/smart-water-bottle-cage/

post-2147-0-73113500-1583399714_thumb.jpg

Edited by danger dassie

hahahahah I'm sure Hollard would love to know what you used their bottles for! As for my Hollard bottles, I decided to upgrade my youngests water bottle to a "sporty" one... First use and she bit the little black spouty thing. 

I need to repack my garage (again) and get a sports cupboard going! 

It's like we're living the same life.

My Hollard bottles, and the el-cheapo plastic cages they go into, have a 20-grit sandpaper texture to them by now and are basically unrecognizable. I actually find that they're pretty easy to grip onto as they roughen up, great for sipping while chugging up a bumpy climb. Also, I keep telling myself that the purple accents they provide to my lime-green bike makes it look like the old-school Hulk...

See, same same!

post-131650-0-36764300-1583487398_thumb.jpg incrediblehulk_t607.jpg

Any cage that hold onto a bottle well, will scratch it over time because friction. But that's a trade that I am willing to make

These two have served me well over the years:

Specialized Zee 

191743_00_d.jpg

Lezyne Flow  

lezyne-flow-cage-sl-right.jpg

This ^^^^ + Spez bottles are the best combo for road and MTB - I've never lost a bottle.

If you are *** fancy, you can get the Spez CARBON bottle cage for ZAR1,000

Look into Mike Woolnough's bottlesox idea...it works.

I have also used sleeves and cap covers on Freedom Challenge, similar to Mikes socks.

But I mean just a short 3 hour MTB spin on Saturday morning around Tokai/Silvermine and it was luke warm tea stuff! I wasn't expecting it to be so warm, but the absence of wind in the valley meant it was balmy. It must have been crazy in land

Scuffing inevitable

Scratching impossible to avoid.

I have black bidons for MTB because of the amount of friction on them trails

I use scratched bottles to pick up girls in the gym. When they see all the scratches they think "now there is real man real mountain biker". The dudes with scratchless bottles loose out.

I have also used sleeves and cap covers on Freedom Challenge, similar to Mikes socks.

But I mean just a short 3 hour MTB spin on Saturday morning around Tokai/Silvermine and it was luke warm tea stuff! I wasn't expecting it to be so warm, but the absence of wind in the valley meant it was balmy. It must have been crazy in land

I bought me one of those camelback insulated bottles. they last about an hour, even with ice in it. On hot days I prefer my hydration pack. I can put a liter of ice in it and 4 hours later I still have ice cold water. 

I use scratched bottles to pick up girls in the gym. When they see all the scratches they think "now there is real man real mountain biker". The dudes with scratchless bottles loose out.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

new supacaz carbon cages / new elite bottles, 1 ride and the bottles are scratched.