2020 Cape Epic Cancelled

News bot

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is all Epic Entries sponsored or does individuals take r80k to r100k out of their OWN bank account to do a race?

Asking for a friend

We pay for an entry out of our own pockets, only pros are sponsored and maybe some riders got sponsored from their companies.

The entry fee is HALF of the total cost involved!

We really hope for at least an entry for 2021!

We pay for an entry out of our own pockets, only pros are sponsored and maybe some riders got sponsored from their companies.

The entry fee is HALF of the total cost involved!

We really hope for at least an entry for 2021!

You are in a very fortunate position to be able to afford such a large entry fee on your own.

What about riders that were sponsored? Can the sponsors lay a claim for a refund from the riders?

What about riders that were sponsored? Can the sponsors lay a claim for a refund from the riders?

Why would you do that?

You pose a good question. Because it won't happen now but later when the dust has settled and the 20/20 hindsight might say maybe it shouldn't have been cancelled then the chancers will try their nobishism and attempt sponsorship recover.

People have shown this week that they are always willing to lower the bar and start digging

You pose a good question. Because it won't happen now but later when the dust has settled and the 20/20 hindsight might say maybe it shouldn't have been cancelled then the chancers will try their nobishism and attempt sponsorship recover.

People have shown this week that they are always willing to lower the bar and start digging

If someone had sponsored me the entry and I would 100% return whatever comes from the issue to them. If that is cash or a rolled over entry, it is theirs to do with what they please.

Why would you do that?

Just asking a question. I am too poor to sponser anybody for Cape Epic, nevermind myself.

Edited by Moridin

If someone had sponsored me the entry and I would 100% return whatever comes from the issue to them. If that is cash or a rolled over entry, it is theirs to do with what they please.

Certainly if the entry or money was returned I would hand it back to the sponsor. I don't think that's what Moridin was asking though. I interpret his question as will sponsors recover their loss from the riders they sponsored.

in that case I think its a great question.

if the entry is carried over to 2021 or the entry fee is returned then I don't think the riders would even know unless the sponsor wants the rider to returm for 2021. In most sponsored cases the sponsor pays the Cape epic for the entry directly so if the entry fee is refunded it will go back to the payer is how I understand it

After reading that last rider communication its seem very unlikely any compensation will be given...

Pity that not even the race bags/packs were distributed.

After reading that last rider communication its seem very unlikely any compensation will be given...

Pity that not even the race bags/packs were distributed.

Are the entries being rolled over to next year?