Jump to content

Organisers of KAP sani2c announce new dates in December


Nick
 Share

Recommended Posts

Would it be better, weather wise (rain/mud), to do in December, or wait for May 2021 ?

 

I am assuming they want to go ahead with the event in May 2021 as planned. Waiting for 2021 to do 2020's event means you are essentially cancelling it.This is about as good as it gets IMO, the event goes ahead, no one loses their entry fee. Maybe a couple of changed flight fees, and a few that won't have the dates open in their calendars - but overall a pretty good outcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would it be better, weather wise (rain/mud), to do in December, or wait for May 2021 ?

 

 

Waiting for 2021 to do 2020's event means you are essentially cancelling it.

The release says if you can't make the December dates your entry rolls over to 2021. It also says rainy season is Sept/Oct. 

 

As strange as this sounds I'm going to continue with my training program and see where it takes me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

December I cannot make, so 2021, here we come.   Bummer.

 

In the meantime....

As strange as this sounds I'm going to continue with my training program and see where it takes me.

It will take you to your lounge in your underpants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

December will be change for many people. The dynamics of the event will change completely. Make sure you are prepared.

 

I see mother nature playing a role here as well, The heat in the valley is going to be real challenge. Another issue will be snakes. Next challenge will be the mist as the day two. The region of Highflats and Jolivet can get closed in with mist from as early as 3pm. So at the start of day two it will be extremely hot and then the afternoon wet and uncomfortable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eish is a good word to use here methinks. When Sani was in Feb you either got properly cooked or soaked, sometimes both. We even nearly froze to death one year. The winter ones I've done have been relatively mild and Day 2 easier; Day 3 a little harder but no Heart Rate Hill.  Best of luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Received the email that the Trail has been cancelled and those groups will now form part of the Race. I'm holding thumbs that some form of Sani2C will go ahead, but fairly realistic in expecting it won't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout