Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

There's LLLLOAAADDSSS in the forest behind Suikerbossie. But don't tell anyone.

Yesterday we were a bit lazy getting out. We must have missed the memo coz by the time we got out the roads around HB were a racetrack.

Fast bikes

slow bikes

loud bikes

BMW's in convoy

VW's in convoy

Fkin DATSUNS

Honda S2000's in convoy

You get the picture. Lots of bad juju on the road. We got to just after Landudno and there was a guy waving all the Valentino's and Lewis's to slow down and we thought screw this and bailed on our ride.

I'm all for enjoying the roads but that's not a god damned racetrack. And most of the guys on bikes can't ride. 

We had the opposite, probably passed by 4 cars by the time we got to Simons Town. We had a Karen on her horn unable to pass a single line of cyclists on a blind rise. From then there was so much seaside traffic the group was moving at the same speed so no issue. Even Constania Nek was chilled.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we must stay 3m apart during vigorous exercise with no mask.... lol .

Double the distance and no science to back it up.

But at least Mr Mkhise is catching up on his WHO reading

Shame, we had a talk by our local SAPS official. Our Police station has been closed due to COVID on and off 5 times in last month. They are only responding to the hi jackings, break ins and robberies in the streets. They are not dealing with any COVID related issues as there is no capacity. 

Shame, we had a talk by our local SAPS official. Our Police station has been closed due to COVID on and off 5 times in last month. They are only responding to the hi jackings, break ins and robberies in the streets. They are not dealing with any COVID related issues as there is no capacity. 

GOOD. It's about time the police started doing real police work instead of harassing people for walking of the beach.

Now if someone could tell the 6 metro cop cars that seem to be permanently stationed at HB beach to get off their substantial arses and do some actual police work that would be nice.

We had the opposite, probably passed by 4 cars by the time we got to Simons Town. 

Terrible timing and zero planning on our part. But the bed was warm and so was the coffee. So we only had ourselves to blame.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I see the lines of cars parked on the M3 at Newlands Forest and it sure doesn't look like they are returning to the couch. My only complaint is that with so many feet and eyes out on the mountain they seem to pinch the wild mushrooms I'm after and that I started to consider "mine"!! 

I have so many wild mushrooms growing on my plot and I love mushrooms but I'm terrified to get it wrong

A lot of the 'shrooms' here too but again I'd hate to get that wrong 

An 'old' buff will be thinner than a new one... softer etc too from use and washing over time. Like that old t-shirt your wife hates, but you sleep in as it's the most comfortable thing you own.

That said, I guess they could well have changed the fiber balance or materials over the years... hard to know

you get buffs and you get Buffs©. I'm assuming you're referring to the spanish company's product, that gave the item it's name? they still cost about R200 each, and are good.

tubescarves, whatever you want to call them.. can come in as cheaply as R10 each, there's obviously a lot inbetween, of varying quality and bang for buck.

Not 100% sure? Can we now exercise at different times to the previous 6:00-18:00?

Anytime between 6am and 6pm. That is unchanged

We had the opposite, probably passed by 4 cars by the time we got to Simons Town. We had a Karen on her horn unable to pass a single line of cyclists on a blind rise. From then there was so much seaside traffic the group was moving at the same speed so no issue. Even Constania Nek was chilled.

No offence I did see your huge pack hammering down past Tokai Forest with no coverings, spread pretty wide on the road and no social distancing / max no in groups in what looked to be 25+ Savages. Unfortunately I know it's not a 'only you' thing and loads of people are riding unmasked because they can but you guys do stick out in the community due to your branding and are far more noticeable. I guess with that comes some added responsibility. 

I have so many wild mushrooms growing on my plot and I love mushrooms but I'm terrified to get it wrong

A lot of the 'shrooms' here too but again I'd hate to get that wrong 

The thing with wild mushrooms is that you only make a mistake once. :ph34r: 

On a lighter note ....

post-110956-0-34602900-1594632289_thumb.jpg

And in typical HUB, uhm sorry SA, fashion we immediately question the interpretation of what was said ....

post-110956-0-24331100-1594632339_thumb.jpg

PS - forget the "rules" .... our hospitals are FULL, and about to overflow .... things are about to get "real" .... PLEASE STAY SAFE, whatever that may take in your particular world.

If you can't handle a mask on your ride, stop and really consider how you going to handle pneumonia where it feels like you breathing through a straw...

back on the soapbox I see

No offence I did see your huge pack hammering down past Tokai Forest with no coverings, spread pretty wide on the road and no social distancing / max no in groups in what looked to be 25+ Savages. Unfortunately I know it's not a 'only you' thing and loads of people are riding unmasked because they can but you guys do stick out in the community due to your branding and are far more noticeable. I guess with that comes some added responsibility. 

To be fair they only stick out if you're looking for them. If not then they're just like any other savage out there,

Too be even more fair, there are plenty of other bigger groups doing far worse, take that tri club that's always out training slowly in large groups with some okes impersonating Chewbacca in Hot pants

No offense taken.

back on the soapbox I see

I had gotten over it, but last week a childhood friend who is a Dr in a gov hospital was nearly ventilated(healthy 26year old), she is still on oxygen and dexa so ya it erked me again with people being dumb. Will walk away from the hub and other social media for a few weeks and get over it again though so you don't have to worry.