CWC Lockdown SALE!

CWC Online

The last time I mentioned poor comms, apparently I was being too impatient in difficult times. LOL

No.. I got annoyed when you said 'It looks like these guys don't want our business' as I know some guys who actually went to Sportsmans to buy tubes etc out of their own pocket so they could get orders out.

Poor comms is annoying. I got an email from Chris saying 'Sorry, definitely next week'... But lets see.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh... that new helmet feeling....

my CL order just arrived. took DSV 10 days to get to me.

i called them in the end and they then made a plan to have it delivered.

expect 25-30min wait times before anyone answers the phone. massive backlog and no staff makes for a nightmare situation.

that and this courier company is still documenting everything on paper

My IDT was collected by DSV from CL in JHB last Monday and was at my door in CT the Wednesday morning.

Their Email correspondance is useless!!! i got hold of someones cell number at CL... And then i started to hound them like a little b(*&h

The live chat via the website has been working for me. Sometimes there is someone available after hours as well. Got to negotiate good deals and follow up on orders with success via the live chat.

their (CL) complete lack of communication resulted in me cancelling my order. I understand that delivery is an issue, but at least don't BS people by making promises you don't intend to keep and then go silent when your client tries to follow up.

You know the poo poo is in the paw paw, when Uncle Fanie throws his toys.

I want to ask you guys.

Has what is going on with CWC at the moment, caused damage to your relationship with them?

The apparent confusion of emails, no returns of calls, and general bad comms suggests a lack of customer service (and one might suspect a few others things).

But at what point will you guys say never again with shop (or supplier) because of a breakdown of trust or principle.

Or will you always be willing to spend your hard earned money at the right price?

I want to ask you guys.

Has what is going on with CWC at the moment, caused damage to your relationship with them?

The apparent confusion of emails, no returns of calls, and general bad comms suggests a lack of customer service (and one might suspect a few others things).

But at what point will you guys say never again with shop (or supplier) because of a breakdown of trust or principle.

Or will you always be willing to spend your hard earned money at the right price?

CL will never see me again. I understand that they may be crazy busy, but that means communication is paramount. Don't tell me something and then not follow through or undertake "to call me first thing" only to have me follow up again 2 days later. Just tell me from the beginning please wait another week.

I'll still support cwc because they've always been up front and clear when it comes to communication. And their prices are hard to beat.

I want to ask you guys.

CL has done plenty of damage to my relationship with them long before their merger with CWC. I won't put a foot in their store or even consider buying from them online.

CWC I have had two not so lekker experiences. Not enough for me to say I will never buy from them again (also had plenty good experiences). But I have had enough brilliant experiences with a certain other online store (especially now during lockdown) that I always try them first.

I know CWC = CL, but in my mind there is still some distinction, although it sounds like CL's not so great service ethos is rubbing off on CWC.

Let me just add, price is most of the time the determining factor in a buy. I don't mind spend a few extra bucks to support my store of choice, but when CWC have one of their big sales it's hard to ingore.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

But are those 2 not the same company in essence?

Basically yes, 2 years from now I think they won't really be distinguishable anymore

Is CWC not the same as CL ?

From my perspective, the constant sales where a few hubbers picked up pricing discrepancies. Throw in the sales not having stock and you get recommend something a little more expensive and there is plenty of stock of the pricey item. Then when I go into the store, I get treated terribly and service takes forever. Of the many times I went in, I got the impression that the good customer service is only for the big money spenders. The final nail was I bought a bicycle and it turned into a terrible experience. All of this is of course my own opinion and experience, since many other folk have had amazing experiences with them. Just not me.

All this led me to me no longer trusting them, nor wanting to support them. As long as there are other cycling stores in the western cape and other online stores on the planet I will not spend a single cent in that store or on the website again.

Just playing devil's advocate here, and not a CWC/CL groupie although I do love a good sale - but at the time of the sale I recall seeing a very prominent notice stating that items may take up to 14 business days to ship - which is around 9 June since announcement of e-commerce reopening. Would it be fair to be frustrated and call them out on this when they have been delivering items well within this time? Obviously, not responding timeously to unrelated queries and poor service in store are issues that need to be worked. I've also experienced the online chat to be very useful in getting responses. Just my 2 cents.

Basically yes, 2 years from now I think they won't really be distinguishable anymore

What he said.

Never used CL, but been very happy with CWC (as a shop, the workshop is another story) so far, their prices are often unbeatable and the staff, both online and in store is friendly and helpful !

I'm a sucker for a good deal!

But realistically what this lock down has taught me is that I'm also an idiot who spends way too much money and time looking for a good deals.

I've sold 2 of my bikes this lock down and thinking of selling a third. That way the temptation to build/tinker waste money is gone and I won't have to deal with CWC/CL as I can just buy everything I need from the LBS when it breaks.

The cycling industry has lost a consumer over these last few months through no fault of it's own. 

I love tinkering with bikes, but after being starved of the ability to enjoy them I'm more excited to ride what I have to death.

Except this... https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-mountain-bike-frames/404552/specialized-camber-grom-small

I reckon riding trails on a 24 inch bike and not sucking would be RAD!

Edited by Jewbacca

I'm a sucker for a good deal!

But realistically what this lock down has taught me is that I'm also an idiot who spends way too much money and time looking for a good deals.

I've sold 2 of my bikes this lock down and thinking of selling a third. That way the temptation to build/tinker waste money is gone and I won't have to deal with CWC/CL as I can just buy everything I need from the LBS when it breaks.

The cycling industry has lost a consumer over these last few months through no fault of it's own.

I love tinkering with bikes, but after being starved of the ability to enjoy them I'm more excited to ride what I have to death.

Except this... https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-mountain-bike-frames/404552/specialized-camber-grom-small

I reckon riding trails on a 24 inch bike and not sucking would be RAD!

Scarily I find myself in the same position

Placed my Order on 1 April, still no delivery update or feedback. :(

I would contact them for update or contact your bank to do a reversal.