Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

I see there is an update available for Rouvy AR, that makes the 3D riders look a bit less terrible.

What’s New

- A new algorithm for Drag Coefficient calculation and frontal area estimation.

- Improved and more realistic rider's model and behavior.

- Improved physical model of rider's acceleration.

- Added splits to altitude profile in watch mode.

- Small UI improvements in watch mode.

- Technogym trainer support.

- Small bug fixes and performance optimization.

I emailed Rouvy and asked about the drafting in race mode, they said it will be available in the summer, so sometime in August based on us in the South i guess. Hopefully will be sooner.

Edit spellcheck

Edited by LongDonkey

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Group ride Saturday morning on Rouvy at 8am.

90.65km with 663m assent. Ride name is CLA SATURDAY RIDE. You will find it under the race section. The route is Ironman 70.3 boulder AR route. Hope to see you there.

Where did you spot this? Does the program say there's an update when you open it?

Ja, normally on my Rouvy app (Windows 10 laptop) it tells me as soon as the rouvy is open that there are updates, and what they are for. You can then choose to update now or later

I seem to struggle to add routes of my own. Does it only work if you have a fully paid up Premium membership?

Me too, the last few days I could not find the "green button" to "Create a Race (Route)" from rides I have uploaded into my Rouvy training diary...I have an up to date Premium membership.

Despite having created numerous routes over the years....Maybe I'm just having a blonde moment...

I'm running it on my tablet, that's the changelog in the Play Store.

I'm honestly not sure if the Windows version shows something similar, or even if it updates automatically - I will have to play IT helpdesk for my dad later.

It did show on the bottom of the screen when I opened the desktop version of AR. The model sure looks a lot better, I'll give them that. 

I’ve had no problems creating routes using the trial period version. Then again, I haven’t done any for the last week.

Zwift for me tomorrow, and then back on Rouvy on Sunday for the CTCT short route, as I have to finish my 21 rides in 21 different pairs of Versus socks campaign.

Edit: Just added the London 24Km route from Zwift.

Edited by Frosty

Thanks for assistance guys.

Got the indoor trainer to work with my cell (Bluetooth) and then opened Rouvy on my PC and followed the race, on the large screen, in the "watch" mode. Successful at last with all the sensors detected...

I see there is an update available for Rouvy AR, that makes the 3D riders look a bit less terrible.

What’s New

- A new algorithm for Drag Coefficient calculation and frontal area estimation.

- Improved and more realistic rider's model and behavior.

- Improved physical model of rider's acceleration.

- Added splits to altitude profile in watch mode.

- Small UI improvements in watch mode.

- Technogym trainer support.

- Small bug fixes and performance optimization.

Have done 2 workouts since the update and I'm disappointed. The speed seems way out (too fast). Had a "club" ride this morning doing the 2015 CTCT short route, and a mate a few head lengths taller than me and with more weight could barely keep up with me going down a huge hill (where I was putting in pretty much 0 effort), where it's always the other way around. 

It's flattering, but no use in being naive. 

Thanks for assistance guys.

Got the indoor trainer to work with my cell (Bluetooth) and then opened Rouvy on my PC and followed the race, on the large screen, in the "watch" mode. Successful at last with all the sensors detected...

Not sure what you're trying to do but I also connect through cell and then mirror cell screen to laptop.

Has anyone had trouble getting RouvyAR to pair with the sensors in BT Smart via the laptop?. Sees my trainer but won't pair

Ossie, as I hadn't got my system working properly before I thought I'd run my two systems in parallel - PC & cell.

Set everything up on my cell (and was in race watch mode on the PC) and kicked off the race and had the same view on both but during the ride the moving landscape hung on my cell (although the stats on the side kept working) so I was able to view my race (moving landscape) to the end on the PC image.

Just noted that the guy who won the race was pushing out an almost constant 5 watts per kg...didn't seem realistic

Edited by robbybzgo

Just noted that the guy who won the race was pushing out an almost constant 5 watts per kg...didn't seem realistic

I've commented on that before ... Best to just ride and have fun if you can [emoji6]

Has anyone had trouble getting RouvyAR to pair with the sensors in BT Smart via the laptop?. Sees my trainer but won't pair

Yip. My TICKR X refuses to connect, but connects fine to my Garmin watch. 

My first instinct is to go check which machine he was on. If he was on a smart trainer, good on him. If it was a dumb trainer, I'll take with a pinch of salt. 

Or, you could even go check out his Strava activity (if it picks up as a flyby on your own activity).