What is the biggest loop you can fit into your 5km radius?

WIPEOUT 1000

Lives in the complex next to mine. Not familiar with the name but if he can do 125kms during the exercise window then he is not in my league 

Elapsed Time

4:25:00

So, not in the window...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that's not the kind of loop you were thinking of, but what the hell, why not? :thumbup:

Unless he did 1h25 indoors..

Looks like he did 80 odd k's on route and another 40k's on his trainer as there is zero elevation.

Edited by slickjay007

My issue isn't distance (there's loads of tarmac), but the 'scenery'... I realised I literally live on the wrong side of the railway tracks! :lol: 

My 5km limit gets me to the bottom of Southern Cross drive... (And the bottom of almost every other climb in the area...) Can't do the whole of Spaanschemat River road either... :huh: If I lived 1km west, I'd have a whole lot more options. 

Also, the eastern half of my radius is a total no-go zone...

My issue isn't distance (there's loads of tarmac), but the 'scenery'... I realised I literally live on the wrong side of the railway tracks! :lol:

My 5km limit gets me to the bottom of Southern Cross drive... (And the bottom of almost every other climb in the area...) Can't do the whole of Spaanschemat River road either... :huh: If I lived 1km west, I'd have a whole lot more options. 

Until Firgrove? Bit of a bummer then. Was saying to my wife, luckily we don't live where my brother is, a lot less options. 

Looks like he did 80 odd k's on route and another 40k's on his trainer as there is zero elevation.

Im doing the same. 5km on the treadmill before going out. Garmin records it all as one run. This 6h00 start is way to late.

Im doing the same. 5km on the treadmill before going out. Garmin records it all as one run. This 6h00 start is way to late.

Too late? It's way too early. I only leave home at 8-ish. But I ride until 12.

Too late? It's way too early. I only leave home at 8-ish. But I ride until 12.

Some of us needs to save the country from the post covid economic apocalypse.

Until Firgrove? Bit of a bummer then. Was saying to my wife, luckily we don't live where my brother is, a lot less options. 

Not even... I could go, from the Constantia side, passed the cemetery until about where that stream crosses the road...  :( 

If i promise never, ever to ride east, do you think Bheki Cele would let me steal a km or two from my eastern boundary and add it to my western limit??  :whistling:  :lol:

I know the feeling .....

5,5km to the Magic Forest entrance ....

7km to the St John's entrance ...

BUT, both of these are CLOSED in any case.

so for now I just make the best of the TAR on the MTB ....

May just use tomorrow mornings slot to do a quick ride to the office to pick up something .... may just throw in an extra few kilos on the way back ....