What is the biggest loop you can fit into your 5km radius?

WIPEOUT 1000

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be interesting to share how far we can go while staying within the regulations.

I can do approximately 33km if I follow the roads closest to my 5km radius.   

How do you add that radius overlay on the map?

Is everyone here sticking to the 5km radius? 

Too unfit to go any further.  ^_^

My ride takes me 26 km, 500 m elevation, with a choice of 5 trails to hit on my way back. Suppose I could add another 30 km if I wanted to ride on tar.

Too unfit to go any further.  ^_^

My ride takes me 26 km, 500 m elevation, with a choice of 5 trails to hit on my way back. Suppose I could add another 30 km if I wanted to ride on tar.

Yikes.

I was doing 2 hours a day on the rollers during the crackdown, so I'm doing a 60-90km loop these days. Furthest point is about 30km outside the 5km radius.

Gatorskins or not getting the tire off is all about technique...

- move the bead to the centre of the rim all the way around the circumference of the tire - the rim has a smaller circumference in the centre.

- if the tire is really tight do this on both sides

- in most cases the tire is now loose enough to slide off by hand, or 1 tire lever in an extreme situation.

I actually did show him to de-bead both sides, get slack to one side, then use the tire lever ...

It did help. But we just could not get more than 100 to 150mm off .... trying to unclip the next section the first would clip back .....  maybe the tire, maybe the rim, but this combination was certainly not easy.

PS - used the exact same approach of debeading them removing when helping riders 

I did not want to damage the rim by "working" the lever sideways .....  :ph34r:

Owner seemed more than happy at the prospect of walking home ....  :whistling:

You can use this as well.

Drag to your address and then select 5km in toolbar

https://2kmfromhome.com/za/index.html

Jip, but is there a single program that shows the radius AND allows one to map the route ?

I had the 5km screen on one side, and plotting in a different program ...

PS - the idea is to then export the route to Garmin. (I was plotting inside Garmin Connect software)