Bicycle insurance

Hulky

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lastly, I feel that I don't need a broker as I enjoy reading the fine print of all my policies and making sure that I fully understand what I am signing up for.  :thumbup:

I had an issue with my previous accident where the medical bills was declined by Discovery, I then quoted all relevant info on policy and my claim was then settled in full. Similar incident with King Price, claim rejected, after a dispute and again, relevant info, outcome was overturned and settled. That was when I decided to go with Cyclesure.

And on home content, yes, it's only covered to a certain amount. Also, if you have any security for example electric fence/ home alarm etc.. rather remove it of your policy and pay R50 more because should an incident occur and any of those systems failed, your claim might be rejected. I stand corrected though. Disco home insurance requires a pin bolt on sliding door, we have 2 pin bolts. Moral of the story, read the requirement, make sure you meet or exceed what is required and all will be okay.

So I am adding a bike and got the following quote:

Current bike on is a Scott Scale 960 2018 model insured for R20k. Cost of insurance is R80.60 with R1,250 excess. Comprehensively insured

New bike I want to add for R45k. R220 per month with R1,500 excess, also comprehensively insured.

They cover everything (accidents, theft etc)

Does it sound about right?

Under R198 per month for R82k bike with Santam, part of a bigger comprehensive scheme. R500 excess.

Friend had to claim last month, Santam paid in about 1 week

Edit - checked my policy and updated my post

Edited by ChrisF

Under R200 per month for R80k bike with Santam, part of a bigger comprehensive scheme.

Friend had to claim last month, Santam paid in about 1 week.

I am using a broker and they are also with Santam. Apparently their quote is already cheaper than what it is supposed to be.

Been claim free my entire life and that is the best they could do. Weird

Edited by Wimmas

Lastly, I feel that I don't need a broker as I enjoy reading the fine print of all my policies and making sure that I fully understand what I am signing up for.  :thumbup:

I had an issue with my previous accident where the medical bills was declined by Discovery, I then quoted all relevant info on policy and my claim was then settled in full. Similar incident with King Price, claim rejected, after a dispute and again, relevant info, outcome was overturned and settled. That was when I decided to go with Cyclesure.

Glad it is working for you .....

VERY happy with my broker !!!!  Car rear ends me while I am standing a red robot ... she took care of all the paper work.  And when the insurer upped my premium she took them on, using photos of the accident, showing that I was not the blame, and had my premiums reduced to the previous value.

When I was much younger I had the time and energy to fight with the corporates ... now I enjoy the benefits of an experienced broker.  Also when I need information on new products, she knows our household, and provides input that is relevant to us.  

I am using a broker and they are also with Santam. Apparently their quote is already cheaper than what it is supposed to be.

Been claim free my entire life and that is the best they could do. Weird

Klink nie reg nie .... :(

Maybe a Hubber in your area can recommend another broker ...

Reading here I see my premium might be a bit high (R177 for R35k cover) - But, I have a very low excess, Only R500.

I also have both cars, household contents and other all risk items on the same policy, so I guess it evens out.

R473 per month covering 2 bikes @ R160k total.

Comprehensive cover which includes racing. Accident damage included.

I have a pretty good broker at PSG.

Edited by DR ◣◢

Reckon when there are multiple bikes it can get pricey. I'm with Jasure and am paying less for three bikes than I was paying for 2 with my previous insurance. Haven't used the commuter / HT since Lockdown so haven't paid a cent for the cover. There is always someone at home during the day.

Reckon when there are multiple bikes it can get pricey. I'm with Jasure and am paying less for three bikes than I was paying for 2 with my previous insurance. Haven't used the commuter / HT since Lockdown so haven't paid a cent for the cover. There is always someone at home during the day.

I looked at them, they came back at like 126 for 1 bike for 1 day. I lol’d