Bicycle insurance

Hulky

Thinking of going with Cyclesure. Anyone else besides BikeisLife have any experience with them?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mountain bike was insured for R25000, the premium was R150, JaSure is now R95.

Just don't forget to switch on before your ride.

• 2 months later...

Mine is permanently on. I will forget.

heard any bad cases with Jasure?

im considering them as they half (thats if i leave the app on for full month) the price of my current insurer .

I ride max 8 times a month - so it makes sense. Issue is, they go bust - does santam cover?

any secret clauses in their contract?

heard any bad cases with Jasure?

im considering them as they half (thats if i leave the app on for full month) the price of my current insurer .

I ride max 8 times a month - so it makes sense. Issue is, they go bust - does santam cover?

any secret clauses in their contract?

I did not have to lodge a claim as of yet, but the communication from them is tops.

I did not have to lodge a claim as of yet, but the communication from them is tops.

Just abit sceptical with them being fairly 'new'

Maybe cyclesure is safer bet.

Either way insurance is a risk in itself in how they will avoid to pay out at all cost

Either way insurance is a risk in itself in how they will avoid to pay out at all cost

Not paying a valid bicycle claim, costs the insurer more than just paying it.

Get a quote for comprehensive cover as part of your home owners insurance.

R100k Evil and R65k Specialized covered for about R450 a month.

Always double check excesses and exclusions if it is covered as part of a combined cover.

Get a quote for comprehensive cover as part of your home owners insurance.

R100k Evil and R65k Specialized covered for about R450 a month.

I did with outsurance who covers my cars and home,  they wanted to charge me R387 for R40k bike.

Then i said they must do better and lowered it to R303

Im claim free for more than 7 years.

thus im looking elsewhere - cyclesure R182 and Jasure is R138

I did with outsurance who covers my cars and home, they wanted to charge me R387 for R40k bike.

Then i said they must do better and lowered it to R303

Im claim free for more than 7 years.

thus im looking elsewhere - cyclesure R182 and Jasure is R138

In my experience outsurance is a massive ripoff. They wanted to charge me R2500 a month on a Z4 while my current insurer was R1100.

I now pay R2700 a month for two cars, two bikes, and home contents.

General comment ....

Just check the fine print. Mostly bike claims are subject to "forced theft", ie a broken lock, damage to the garage door to get to the bike, etc.

Yes, sadly, way too many bike jackings. But still way more bikes stolen of bike racks from cars, or our of the back yard ....

Personally I have bad experiences from these phone in insurance companies. I now only work via a broker, they know the fine print and can be a real asset.

General comment ....

Just check the fine print. Mostly bike claims are subject to "forced theft", ie a broken lock, damage to the garage door to get to the bike, etc.

Yes, sadly, way too many bike jackings. But still way more bikes stolen of bike racks from cars, or our of the back yard ....

Personally I have bad experiences from these phone in insurance companies. I now only work via a broker, they know the fine print and can be a real asset.

I fully agree with you and i hold my broker more responsible towards advising me about what the hidden clauses entail.

Will have word with my broker[emoji106]

I have my bikes covered by Naked Insurance. Also an online company. Similar to JaSure, but without the options to turn insurance on and off.

Very happy with the premiums, I had a claim about 2 months back, bike lost off of bike rack while driving. No questions asked, from lodging the claim till collecting new bike was less than a week.

I am very happy with them. Also very easy to ad or remove insured items on the go.

For those commenting on JaSures options to turn insurance on and off as needed, keep in mind, that if you store your bikes indoors when at home, then theft from the home is covered by your household insurance, no need to specific them under all risk cover for this purpose.

So in this regard, the option from JaSure makes perfect sense.

I have my bikes covered by Naked Insurance. Also an online company. Similar to JaSure, but without the options to turn insurance on and off.

Very happy with the premiums, I had a claim about 2 months back, bike lost off of bike rack while driving. No questions asked, from lodging the claim till collecting new bike was less than a week.

I am very happy with them. Also very easy to ad or remove insured items on the go.

For those commenting on JaSures options to turn insurance on and off as needed, keep in mind, that if you store your bikes indoors when at home, then theft from the home is covered by your household insurance, no need to specific them under all risk cover for this purpose.

So in this regard, the option from JaSure makes perfect sense.

I believe if bike or item value is greater than X amount, then must be specified and will influence your premiums.

Some insurance use R15k and above must be specified and i heard of some stating above R20k

End of day, whatever you chose, just be thorough in your policy clauses