Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

Oh ja, sorry I forgot. Everybody is adhering to social distancing and riding alone.

That is a different point, and I do not support group riding.  I agree that it is irresponsible and likely places people at unnecessary risk - here I think we step over the risk line from possibility to probability. 

I speak only for myself about not wearing a mask while riding alone. I cannot be held responsible for the fact that others can't be trusted to behave as responsibly as me, but at the same time, I do not accept mindless rules when I am more than responsible to ensure that I am practicing an acceptable level of risk management

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, I was just making a joke. To me Chicken licken is a place where you get dodgy takeaway, so I thought it was a typo. I see it is the lesser used version of Chicken Little too though. Depends on where you got your kids books.

lol - gotta get the monkey off your back.  Chicken Little morphed into Chicken Licken

Using this example, remove the 2nd person.  Now pee with pant on, pee with no pants on, hey, there is nobody to get pee on.  This is what riding alone with no mask is like.  I can explain it for you all, but I can't understand it for you

No pee everywhere, on ground on gate handle etc. Someone else ride through that pee that is now on the ground / water and it is flung up?

So you live 1m from the spruit and do not cross any roads.......ag never mind, i am just happy you are not in Cape Town

That is a different point, and I do not support group riding.  I agree that it is irresponsible and likely places people at unnecessary risk - here I think we step over the risk line from possibility to probability. 

I speak only for myself about not wearing a mask while riding alone. I cannot be held responsible for the fact that others can't be trusted to behave as responsibly as me, but at the same time, I do not accept mindless rules when I am more than responsible to ensure that I am practicing an acceptable level of risk management

Nobody is questioning you as an individual.

However, rule exist for all in society. As I said on another thread, even if we can find reasons to justify breaking the rules, people as a society will react negatively towards that.

So do not wear a mask if you don't want to, you are an adult, make your own choices. But do not get angry with people who criticize you for it when they are adhering to the rules.

I think your argument was absolutely valid when it was just about you riding on your own. But where you lost us is when you decided that the rule was stupid anyway which suggests that you might not be inclined to wear a mask when you weren't on your own. So clear this up for us and we can move on will you wear a mask when you are riding in the company of others even if it is  a stupid rule?

I think your argument was absolutely valid when it was just about you riding on your own. But where you lost us is when you decided that the rule was stupid anyway which suggests that you might not be inclined to wear a mask when you weren't on your own. So clear this up for us and we can move on will you wear a mask when you are riding in the company of others even if it is  a stupid rule?

Its a moot point, because group riding is prohibited.  I ride alone

No pee everywhere, on ground on gate handle etc. Someone else ride through that pee that is now on the ground / water and it is flung up?

So you live 1m from the spruit and do not cross any roads.......ag never mind, i am just happy you are not in Cape Town

I don't pee in public - is that a Cape Town thing?  No wonder you okes are all so hysterical about this!

Its a moot point, because group riding is prohibited.  I ride alone

The question is 

Do you have a mask ready, in case you run into another person?

Nobody is questioning you as an individual.

However, rule exist for all in society. As I said on another thread, even if we can find reasons to justify breaking the rules, people as a society will react negatively towards that.

So do not wear a mask if you don't want to, you are an adult, make your own choices. But do not get angry with people who criticize you for it when they are adhering to the rules.

all the furious anger has come from the proponents of mask wearing.  I merely offered my personal view point on it - I don't care if you wear/don't wear a mask.  I will always take the necessary steps to manage my own risk.  for example, when I come upon large groups of riders, I just steer well clear.  Sure, I spare a thought about their foolishness, but do I find the need to get all righteous on social platforms about it?  Nope

The question is 

Do you have a mask ready, in case you run into another person?

you sound like a bad made-for-TV movie lawyer: "just answer the question yes or no".  Grow up, this is a bigger point, and YOU know it

all the furious anger has come from the proponents of mask wearing.  I merely offered my personal view point on it - I don't care if you wear/don't wear a mask.  I will always take the necessary steps to manage my own risk.  for example, when I come upon large groups of riders, I just steer well clear.  Sure, I spare a thought about their foolishness, but do I find the need to get all righteous on social platforms about it?  Nope

I thought you said you NEVER encounter other people

So if you come up to another group and you are not wearing your mask.....

you sound like a bad made-for-TV movie lawyer: "just answer the question yes or no".  Grow up, this is a bigger point, and YOU know it

OK so we were right you don't see yourself wearing a mask and people question why we need laws, treat us like adults they say. :whistling:

You remind me of the our local MTB club

They as very nicely "please do not park at the trails, landowners request"

YOU = "F-them, I always used to park here"