Prototype bike builds locally?

FortyFiveInd

Hey guys,

I'm very keen to get a prototype steel full-suspension frame manufactured locally.

Can anyone possibly point me to a company or individual that can do one-off prototype steel frames?

My design is sorted, but since traveling abroad at the moment is off limits, I want to get going locally and if it works as planned, will work on scaling production.

Yes, this is a new profile. Yes, I am a hub regular, but this is a stand alone venture.

Thanks

Random thoughts - 

There was a guy on the hub previously offering to 3D print your frame in Titanium. Not steel, but that might be an option for a prototype.

Pyga must have a shop in PMB that understands how to put a MTB prototype together.

I don't think Calculus bikes does any actual local manufacturing, your best bet might be Mercer. 

Edit:

As I was busy posting the other Mercer suggestions came through.

Edited by hansolo

What would the general cost be for a bespoke frame to be built by either Calculus or Mercer?

Edited by YaseenEnos

Go the Pole way... CNC the thing out of two blocks of alu & screw it together. 

You're gonna need a large bed...

OP - Dave Mercer. He's got quite a waiting list, but will be worth it.

A full sus brother. Main triangle is your largest part which is about 700x650mm easy! besides, you can have some crude pre-prods routed at a CNC router service out of marine ply to check everything is perfect. But thats just me ;)

Or go home build.. like Isak Leivsson is rocking a hand-built DH bike at Wind Rock last weekend.

cnc bed orrrrrrrr..............

...large bed so that it can sleep next to you under the covers? (which would be totally understandable with THAT pole bike ) :D