Cradle Support Vehicles

love2fly

Anyone else who rides in the Cradle noticed this?

Seems there are more and more individuals/groups of road riders up to 5 or so that believe they need a support vehicle on their tail doing whatever speed they are - usually slow and acting as a mobile traffic jam...I'm specifically excluding the odd bunch of pros chasing a scooter as these riders seem to be around beginner/intermediate speed....I just think that with all the sh$t going on in the Cradle with punchups and the stupid traffic around Bidon its just another unnecessary thing to annoy other road users and locals?

I don't mind them.

One of them gave a mate of mine a lift after his valve did not want to function anymore.

I have also seen some bike shops roaming around offering assistance. They weren't associated to any big groups riding. Similar to what MiWay did last year.

I quite like knowing that back-up is available when and if needed.

Between the cycling 'support' vehicles you speak of and the runners' support vehicles who seem intent on occupying the cycle lane at multiple points and having a fat chat in the road, the cradle is fast becoming a place to avoid at the weekends.

I think its cool that Miway etc helped out and they at least drove around at vehicle speed as mostly does the Cyclelab support vehicle and the Up from Northcliff Cycles.....Doing 15kmhr following a handful of riders to me is silly. Rather take station somewhere and come if called...

Anyone else who rides in the Cradle noticed this?

Seems there are more and more individuals/groups of road riders up to 5 or so that believe they need a support vehicle on their tail doing whatever speed they are - usually slow and acting as a mobile traffic jam...I'm specifically excluding the odd bunch of pros chasing a scooter as these riders seem to be around beginner/intermediate speed....I just think that with all the sh$t going on in the Cradle with punchups and the stupid traffic around Bidon its just another unnecessary thing to annoy other road users and locals?

Oh Man you are on one of my pet peeves. And especially now its noob city out there and they need to protect their kids/wife etc from the traffic behind them. Irrespective of the fact that they compromise other cyclists safety and the other cars.

I should just refer you to my prior posts - i have had many a debate about this and have given up trying to explain to an entitled few that they should think of others rather than just their needs.

And every year it starts again with new people starting to cycle prior to the events, but now with the gyms closed its exploded once again. Hazard flashers on behind the kids/wife etc, handing bottles from the car and totally oblivious to the fact they are pushing you wide in to the traffic stream as well as blocking passing cars.

Meeeep .... coming from Bidon side through the trees, nearly clipped three trail runners at speed. Got a "OPEN YOUR FKN EYES" 

Said I'll aim better next time.  ^_^

:clap: Will definitely look out for them. 

lol, well, I am one of those newbies, started cycling for a couple months now. This weekend was my first trip out to cradle. Had no idea where to go. I parked on the roadside, outside Bidon and as i was preparing, I greeted the people around me, didn't get much of even a Hello. Completely ignored. I didnt know which way to go, so the first cyclist that went past me I followed him. Only later to realise i was going in a clockwise direction. 

Good thing i did as there was not many people going in this direction. But I did come across those support vehicles following cyclists on the other side of the road. Didnt affect me much. After an hour, bum started getting sore. Reading on another post, could be the seat...i think its my weight tho :) 

With it being my first trip out there, I kinda enjoyed it. Maybe cos I went in the opposite direction of everyone else. 

Question to ask, if not Cradle, were would be another spot to go to?

Meeeep .... coming from Bidon side through the trees, nearly clipped three trail runners at speed. Got a "OPEN YOUR FKN EYES" 

yeah also had a woman running on the MTB trail k@k me out because i came around the corner to fast and gave her a fright. she would have heard my bell had she not had her earphones in.

I read over the weekend on a FB group page that there was a fight with a cyclist and a motorbike rider near Bidon? And then you apparently have off road motorbikes on the MTB trails....and runners that don't move over...and cyclists hogging the road and ignoring their lanes....

And then the dreaded support vehicle.... :devil: 

I read over the weekend on a FB group page that there was a fight with a cyclist and a motorbike rider near Bidon? And then you apparently have off road motorbikes on the MTB trails....and runners that don't move over...and cyclists hogging the road and ignoring their lanes....

And then the dreaded support vehicle.... :devil:

The Cradle of our lives.

Ha ha lol

Between the cycling 'support' vehicles you speak of and the runners' support vehicles who seem intent on occupying the cycle lane at multiple points and having a fat chat in the road, the cradle is fast becoming a place to avoid at the weekends.

It became a place to avoid 10 years ago

They can't bother you on the lovely dirt trail.  :devil:

Yip thats why I ride MTB most of the time....just do Road for strength work...

yeah also had a woman running on the MTB trail k@k me out because i came around the corner to fast and gave her a fright. she would have heard my bell had she not had her earphones in.

I came across the same dumb woman with headphones. Read the signs dummies. Trail was created from Mtb only...gotta love that in this age of PC...