Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

That horrible thing can only be treated by making another over the top purchase immediately

lets see........... covid combined with some unbelievable decisions by the Anc, has ruined my business.

My response has been to build my dream gravel bike, no expenses spared followed by this dream build MTB

I'll also remind you that pre covid I built a C40 with super record and shamal milles so that covers my dream roadie too.

I feel like I may be over quota on over the top (and irresponsible) purchases for a while.  

The above money was supposed to be for replacing my 18 year old pajero which just hit 400 000kms.  Nothing I like and nothing wrong with the car so I have "invested" wisely in bikes

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see........... covid combined with some unbelievable decisions by the Anc, has ruined my business.

My response has been to build my dream gravel bike, no expenses spared followed by this dream build MTB

I'll also remind you that pre covid I built a C40 with super record and shamal milles so that covers my dream roadie too.

I feel like I may be over quota on over the top (and irresponsible) purchases for a while.  

The above money was supposed to be for replacing my 18 year old pajero which just hit 400 000kms.  Nothing I like and nothing wrong with the car so I have "invested" wisely in bikes

You chose not to put "wisely" in inverted comma's....... :whistling:

We are on the same page  :thumbup:

They were supposed to invoice me and send banking details on Friday because they had 3 weeks shut down on the way.  Instead they just packed for the beach leaving me to consider buyers remorse and other things 

Think of it as a blessing man. The rand has taken a beating. Hopefully in 3 weeks time it gets a bit better!

Wayne did you get feedback from the Athertons ?

Something about their approach "got my attention" ....

Yes very cool but we are not building a bike for hackers like you - serious bikes only min 130 - so me and Rach not hanging with you

Yes very cool but we are not building a bike for hackers like you - serious bikes only min 130 - so me and Rach not hanging with you

Not cool ....

Think of it as a blessing man. The rand has taken a beating. Hopefully in 3 weeks time it gets a bit better!

Oh the way things are going in SA I’m sure unno will be desperate for the mighty ZAR in 3 weeks

Hope you’re right but fear my fiat uno may cost a Ferrari in 3 weeks

Wait, what?

Tell me you're joking and that's not what he actually said?

Dear Wayne.

This is Kalahari.

I have been struggling with an unknown disease for a number of years now. No doctor has been able to prescribe a cure.

My symptoms are near identical to what you have described above. You have me worried.

Have you perhaps found a cure for this disease? I am desperate at this point - I even went to see a homeopath the other day, but alas. I am seeing a Herbalife consultant in the near future to discuss further options.

So far the only thing that seems to alleviate my symptoms, is buying more bicycles and carbon bicycle parts. This has made my bank account display my current balance in a "-red" font. I don't like this change, since I am slightly OCD, and the red does not match well with the rest of the colours on the website. On the plus side, the red numbers increase each time I alleviate my condition. 

Please help, I am hopeless!

Your dear friend, 

The Moth

The above money was supposed to be for replacing my 18 year old pajero which just hit 400 000kms. Nothing I like and nothing wrong with the car so I have "invested" wisely in bikes

The exact priorities that are expected around here. Good Man. My money's on the Variant...

Wayne I think all of us who forced you into this build should think of this as more of “our “ bike than just “your “ bike. Maybe like the “village bike” , and maybe each get a turn to ride it ?

Edited by Benjamin

Wait, what?

Tell me you're joking and that's not what he actually said?

I’m definitely joking - they were super cool actually but as you can tell from their riding, a lot more trail focussed

He didn’t call me an unskilled hacker but if he did, it would be the truth sadly when it comes to trails

Dear Wayne.

This is Kalahari.

I have been struggling with an unknown disease for a number of years now. No doctor has been able to prescribe a cure.

My symptoms are near identical to what you have described above. You have me worried.

Have you perhaps found a cure for this disease? I am desperate at this point - I even went to see a homeopath the other day, but alas. I am seeing a Herbalife consultant in the near future to discuss further options.

So far the only thing that seems to alleviate my symptoms, is buying more bicycles and carbon bicycle parts. This has made my bank account display my current balance in a "-red" font. I don't like this change, since I am slightly OCD, and the red does not match well with the rest of the colours on the website. On the plus side, the red numbers increase each time I alleviate my condition.

Please help, I am hopeless!

Your dear friend,

The Moth

Dear Moth

Asking the bar owner to help you quit drinking is dangerous