Tour de Pologne

Vetplant

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably one of the worst crashes I have seen.. i really hope no-one is seriously injured.

"Unofficial information from tvpsports reporter:

Jakobsen was given muscle relaxants,was put into a pharmacological coma and intubated.The rider was taken to the hospital, his condition is serious."

Sauce : Twitter

:(

"Unofficial information from tvpsports reporter:

Jakobsen was given muscle relaxants,was put into a pharmacological coma and intubated.The rider was taken to the hospital, his condition is serious."

Sauce : Twitter

:(

Oh no, apparently also not going well with the photographer..i really do hope the best for the both of them.

Dylan het mooi k-a-k aangevang!!!

Obviously he has been DQd but I think he will receive a lengthy ban as well..

https://t.co/VhSZLNmzFK?amp=1

That finish is already very dangerous, its a downhill sprint with riders clocking incredibly high speed.. they must also review downhill sprints. .. note I am not making excuses for him it was a reckless terrible decision to go off his line the way he did.

Edited by Gen

That is disgusting.... I liked him until seeing that.

I do agree that downhill sprint finishes should be looked at, but it is also rider responsibility.

How accountable is he? He clearly went off line and forced him into the barrier with bike, elbow and shoulder. Does the premise of 'sport' protect him from his actions?

Hoping Jacobsen survives and makes a full recovery.

Living with the knowledge that your actions and decisions directly affected/ended the life of someone is not something I would wish on anyone. It is haunting and doesn't get 'easier' over time.

I know that bunch sprints can have the odd bump and crash and are hair raising on a good day, but I’ve seen a few shoulder shoves over the years that are just plain ridiculous and dangerous. It makes me angry and I wouldn’t care if he was charged with attempted murder to be honest. [emoji35] When you shove someone into a solid barrier you leave them with nowhere to go and severe consequences are foreseeable! A win is not worth another persons safety and well-being.

Edited by The Ghost

That is disgusting.... I liked him until seeing that.

I do agree that downhill sprint finishes should be looked at, but it is also rider responsibility.

How accountable is he? He clearly went off line and forced him into the barrier with bike, elbow and shoulder. Does the premise of 'sport' protect him from his actions?

Hoping Jacobsen survives and makes a full recovery.

Living with the knowledge that your actions and decisions directly affected/ended the life of someone is not something I would wish on anyone. It is haunting and doesn't get 'easier' over time.

Terrible actions from Groenewegen esp considering that he knows the finish is already dangerous..and it wasn't a slight mistake either, he deliberately went off his line to prevent Jakobsen from coming past him.. then the nudge and elbow for good measure.. agree 100% with you it is disgusting.

I really do hope Jakobsen pulls through..

Edited by Gen