Pure Savage

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaah okay, I just measured from a map the distance from Montagu to Ashton and got to that 11kms. I've allowed 29kmh for that section.. 

Adding the extra 1,5km neutral zone actually means we can average a bit less to get our target time.

This better?

attachicon.gifDOUBLE CENTURY SPLIT CALCULATOR.xlsx

You can edit the sheet if you like. Password to unprotect is Johan

In the feedzone you will be lucky todo about 15km/h ..  TONS of people/cars. cyclist .

so its 2.5km at average 15km/h, that 10min

10km of neutral , if you do 20-25 average there, you be lucky, road is crap, lots people, narrow lanes, stops etc. I managed 1 year 28km/h, but I was riding like a @#$@ to try catch team after a flat.

also add another 2.5km for 2nd feedzone at 10-15km/h (its uphill, slow and lots of cars/people/etc)

Edited by Karman de Lange

In the feedzone you will be lucky todo about 15km/h ..  TONS of people/cars. cyclist .

so its 2.5km at average 15km/h, that 10min

10km of neutral , if you do 20-25 average there, you be lucky, road is crap, lots people, narrow lanes, stops etc. I managed 1 year 28km/h, but I was riding like a @#$@ to try catch team after a flat.

also add another 2.5km for 2nd feedzone at 10-15km/h (its uphill, slow and lots of cars/people/etc)

Think this is better understandable now..

DOUBLE CENTURY SPLIT CALCULATOR.xlsx

Second feeding zone's stoppage time I added at the bottom as it's not a neutral zone and falls in the middle of that one split(I worked from available Strava segment data and can't split the segment to show data before and after that second feeding zone unfortunately)

Second feeding zone's stoppage time I added at the bottom as it's not a neutral zone and falls in the middle of that one split(I worked from available Strava segment data and can't split the segment to show data before and after that second feeding zone unfortunately)

Did you add the feeding at feedzone 1 ? I see you only included travel time.....sorry, just beeing pedantic.

feedzone 2 should be 2.5km as well (15m per team, 150 teams).

DC for some reason is always alot slower than expected ., you loose time everywhere.   My first DC was  longer than I did double Argus in...

I just created this sheet with splits to see more or less what our team would have to average to achieve a sub 6h30min (Or a sub 6 if everything falls into place perfectly on the day).

Edit: Updated Sheet (Password to unprotect is Johan)

superb

thanking you !!

I was busy compiling one and here you are :)

Good to see our assumptions are pretty close

All the best on Saturday. Hope to see you our there

Not ideal prep for DC but decided will start with the guys on Saturday, then go till I blow or Sid's pocket rips off.

boet you and me both. But we ride and sacrifice for the greater ride report glory

my longest training ride over the last 6 weeks has been 115km and I'm down 15W on top end

Edited by DieselnDust

Montague to Ashton allowed average V = 30km/r so that's 20min.

Then adjust the average speedin the neutral zone to 6km/hr (since you'll be stadning around fo rmuch of it) gives . Take the 20min time form montagu to Ashton out and you have 25min through the feedzone. Plenty time to grab and go.

Montague to Ashton allowed average V = 30km/r so that's 20min.

Then adjust the average speedin the neutral zone to 6km/hr (since you'll be stadning around fo rmuch of it) gives . Take the 20min time form montagu to Ashton out and you have 25min through the feedzone. Plenty time to grab and go.

Grab, pack car, and go (car must leave with the team)  :whistling:  :whistling:

boet you and me both. But we ride and sacrifice for the greater ride report glory

my longest training ride over the last 6 weeks has been 115km and I'm down 15W on top end

15w at your 27.8kg is a LOT!

I'm pretty sure both of you will be fine. There is always a bit left in the pocket if you dig deep enough, especially at DC or Argust.

I'm sitting out all bike races till next year. After my fall I still can't grip the bars in the drops, all bumps hurt and despite having been on the bike since, I have the descending yips.

I would be Ilnur Zakarining down everything and just be a hazard to everyone around me and myself.

I am super jealous of you guys. ENJOY!

Grab, pack car, and go (car must leave with the team)  :whistling:  :whistling:

yebbo.

I had someone asking about why I left the gazebo off the packing list.

Told him he's welcome to deploy it wen we get to the feedzone but then he's packing it away too.

Tjoepstil

15w at your 27.8kg is a LOT!

I'm pretty sure both of you will be fine. There is always a bit left in the pocket if you dig deep enough, especially at DC or Argust.

I'm sitting out all bike races till next year. After my fall I still can't grip the bars in the drops, all bumps hurt and despite having been on the bike since, I have the descending yips.

I would be Ilnur Zakarining down everything and just be a hazard to everyone around me and myself.

I am super jealous of you guys. ENJOY!

How is the recovery coming along? Besides the yips ( i have a bit of it too since I can't pull up on the bars yet) , the ribs and hand fracture? is it healing? I understand the soft tissue is going to take a while longer (the bit most people seem to forget about it it screams bloody murder back at you)

Just a heads up - be seriously careful in the neutral zone between ashton and montagu. I drove through there on the weekend and for large parts of that section the entire lane in one direction is being reconstructed. I'm sure this is not news to anyone. However it's not just a resurfacing, it's a full reconstruction from the sub-grade. This means that there is a pure vertical drop of > 0.5m between the useable lane and the lane being relaid. 

So go on the wrong side of the orange cones at your own peril. 

Just a heads up - be seriously careful in the neutral zone between ashton and montagu. I drove through there on the weekend and for large parts of that section the entire lane in one direction is being reconstructed. I'm sure this is not news to anyone. However it's not just a resurfacing, it's a full reconstruction from the sub-grade. This means that there is a pure vertical drop of > 0.5m between the useable lane and the lane being relaid. 

So go on the wrong side of the orange cones at your own peril. 

So basically zero progress since I drove through there December 2019!!! :(