iPhone 12 release

Cois

so jealous!

See a few complaints surfaced about the battery life of the phones.

Correction the battery issue was on 5G.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-12-battery-life-results-are-in-and-theyre-not-great

My previous phone was an 8 and battery sucked.Had this one for 2 full days of use and it lasts a full day without charging.

That includes watching Netflix movies and listen to music.

The speed of the phone in on the next level though[emoji106]

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My previous phone was an 8 and battery sucked.Had this one for 2 full days of use and it lasts a full day without charging.

That includes watching Netflix movies and listen to music.

The speed of the phone in on the next level though[emoji106]

It is an incredible phone.

The difference between the iPhone and other 5G phones I.r.o. 5G, which is very battery greedy, is that the iPhone only uses 5G when it needs to, therefore saving battery. The other 5G’s out there tend to be dedicated 5G, which sucks the battery like a kid with a wimpy chocolate shake

Yeah I have a MacBook Pro, several iPads and iPhones , and DJI items but not one single charger that will take a USB-C cable, so not having a charger in the box would be an issue for me, and what about cars using USB for CarPlay? I guess you have to use another cable for that then [emoji1]

I use a QI charger for my phones, been doing so for a few years now so I dont even take the cable out of the box anymore.

For CarPlay you would just need to use a lightning to USB-A cable which could be a pain if it isnt included anymore.

Settled on the bare bones model iPhone 11. Took advantage of the discounts from Apple. 

It's just a phone for me. My 7 is dying on me and this will be a good replacement. 

As much as I want the latest and greatest I just can justify paying that much for a phone. 

Settled on the bare bones model iPhone 11. Took advantage of the discounts from Apple. 

It's just a phone for me. My 7 is dying on me and this will be a good replacement. 

As much as I want the latest and greatest I just can justify paying that much for a phone. 

did you do an outright purchase or take a contract ?

did you do an outright purchase or take a contract ?

Purchase. Worked out cheaper over 24 months compared to any contract I saw.

7 -> 11 will feel like a good jump for you anyway [emoji1303]

Set it up last night. It's a phone. It is faster than my 7. 

Happy. 

I do like the slightly smaller size compared to the 7 Plus and obviously the bigger screen. Face ID is much nicer than the fingerprint reader.

My wife upgraded from the 7 to the 11 a few months ago, its a pretty decent upgrade.

I always skip a few releases and take a 3 year contract on my phones.

Two years is too short for needing a new phone and three years makes the monthly cost more acceptable. 

My wife upgraded from the 7 to the 11 a few months ago, its a pretty decent upgrade.

I always skip a few releases and take a 3 year contract on my phones.

Two years is too short for needing a new phone and three years makes the monthly cost more acceptable.

I’m paying R799 for 24 months vs R699 for a 36 month contract, plan to keep my 11 for up to 4 years.

That’s a great jump. The 11 is stunning.

PS. I get a few discounts per year on iPhones (and other Apple products) in the U.K. and (I think) Ireland. If someone needs one, PM me and I’ll see if I have any discounts left at the time.

Set it up last night. It's a phone. It is faster than my 7.

Happy.

I do like the slightly smaller size compared to the 7 Plus and obviously the bigger screen. Face ID is much nicer than the fingerprint reader.

Now that we need to wear masks everywhere, I would like a thumb print phone again ????

Now that we need to wear masks everywhere, I would like a thumb print phone again ????

Tell me about it. couldn’t understand why my phone wouldn’t unlock earlier. Turns out my mast was on.

Tell me about it. couldn’t understand why my phone wouldn’t unlock earlier. Turns out my mast was on.

sheesh I know you like you ew iPhone, but thats a bit much isnt it ?

sheesh I know you like you ew iPhone, but thats a bit much isnt it ?

hahaha. My bad. The people in the deli at the office wouldn't approve.