Cyclist assaulted in Camps Bay

FootballingCyclist

*&%&.....

I've never been a gun person,.....but........ :cursing:  this is out of control.

Now i wonder if theres a link to a bicycle recovery from CC because this mornings incident sounds like a hit

They have guns too and have used them so that is not the route I would advise.I agree with you about the hit.Thats the people we are dealing with.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets just hope they didnt use fake plates as it seems as if premeditated

It may be coincidental.

One our DC team riders was knocked off his bike by a car in Plumstead a few weeks ago. They jumped out and grabbed his backpack and bike, but left it as was broken.

A guy in Durbanville had a similar incident a few weeks ago.

Not a very clever method as both times, the bikes weren't taken as they were too damaged.

Yeah it does seem like that. Let’s wait to hear more from Brendon.

Kind of does have that feel doesn't it. Brendon will have to give us the details when he ready to.

Brendon/Pure Savage heal up quick dude and I'll second DnD's advice regarding getting counseling. It'll help you deal with the trauma of what happened.

Agreed. I'm "only" 34 but never did this type of thing 17yrs ago, If I did, I'd probably have denchers by now courtesy of my old man. But as I've said before, today the youth will do anything for likes and follows on social media platforms!

When we were about 12 we went to a Benson and hedges night series match and my mate and his brother and my brother and I took 2 vinyl advertising signs from the boundary boards. We had a lekker weekend of sponsored backyard cricket that weekend until our 2 mother's frogmarched us that Monday to the company who they belonged to where we get a royal bollocking. Beaver plant hire... I'll never forget that bollocking....

It definitely is...are u trying to link this to the attack today

What happened today?

Edit.. Found it - and they wonder why the cycling community is up in arms about this incident. In isolation to the uninformed it looks harmless, but throw it in the middle of everything else that goes on with cyclists between cars and muggers and its a different story. Everyone is on edge already

Edited by Stretch

Sorry, I missed this, what happened this morning?

Never mind, found it, this is flippen ridiculous !!!

Edited by Theog

Matt Barnard?

Did you grow up in pmb? What school did you do to? You must be close to my age...I finished school in 92

No the bodybuilder oke was called Phil something, IIRC. I finished March 93 because I got expelled from Howick High School for jaaging poepies aan maybe not entirely dissimilar to the okes in the video. Grew up in Merrivale...

Sorry, I missed this, what happened this morning?

Never mind, found it, this is flippen ridiculous !!!

Uh....what happened chaps?

No the bodybuilder oke was called Phil something, IIRC. I finished March 93 because I got expelled from Howick High School for jaaging poepies aan maybe not entirely dissimilar to the okes in the video. Grew up in Merrivale...

Pmb carrying on the tradition of Walter Turnbull and his brekers from the 70's 

No I don't run around slapping people. By the dictionary definition, it probably is assault and legally the victim is well within his rights to lay a charge.

But seriously, is a slap on the backside worthy of criminal charges, court appearances, legal fees etc.

Yes it is, and not only in the dictionary. 

A criminal charge will cost the victim nothing in legal fees but once the perpetrators (or their parents) have stumped up R100k or so to defend the matter, they may be less inclined to act like they own the road in future.

• 2 months later...