Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And just as I post that, a massive group goes up the road to join the 6 leaders.

Today might not be the day for CAV

2 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

And just as I post that, a massive group goes up the road to join the 6 leaders.

Today might not be the day for CAV

The attack by Politt and Teuns has generated a group in between: Teunissen, Stuyven, Theuns, Ballerini, Garcia, Valverde, Politt, Laporte, Dillier, Valgren, Van Avermaet, Gesbert, C. Pedersen, Van Moer, Fraile, Gruzdev, Izagirre, Walscheid, Turgis

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Unfortunately in cycling, history shows that when there is even a hint of smoke, there is way more fire than expected.

Maybe... But last year there was the same kind of witch hunt after Nairoman, and they found nothing, and it all just fizzled away. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Bru said:

Maybe... But last year there was the same kind of witch hunt after Nairoman, and they found nothing, and it all just fizzled away. 

But it reminded us that dopers get ahead of us normal folk. Keeps the intrigue and dialogue going

12 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

The attack by Politt and Teuns has generated a group in between: Teunissen, Stuyven, Theuns, Ballerini, Garcia, Valverde, Politt, Laporte, Dillier, Valgren, Van Avermaet, Gesbert, C. Pedersen, Van Moer, Fraile, Gruzdev, Izagirre, Walscheid, Turgis

I'm pretty sure someone lost the script before this tour started. It's been brilliant.

31 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

@J Wakefield have you been to El Celler de Can Roca?

Heavy heavy once-in-a-lifetime stuff while you're based in Girona.

Si, they have also opened up a gelato/icecream place and Casa Cacoa and Casa cacoa Hotel here. 

11 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Si, they have also opened up a gelato/icecream place and Casa Cacoa and Casa cacoa Hotel here. 

Wow! Brilliant.

We watched some netflix series the other day and it featured that restaurant. 

What a stunning looking place.

57 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

2020 still ranked 8th in the highest doped sports in the world in 2020, a year where most competition was cancelled.

So there are still plenty of cyclists being caught doping. Every year. 

7 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

2020 still ranked 8th in the highest doped sports in the world in 2020, a year where most competition was cancelled.

So there are still plenty of cyclists being caught doping. Every year. 

how is that metric measured?

Forgot to hit save on Superbru picks.... ????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

Any chance Higuita wins the stage? 

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/cycling-moves-down-sports-doping-list-three-places-to-8th-with-18-recorded-cases-in-2020-489189

So 3 world tour cyclists bust in 2020, the lowest in 15 years, 8 World Tour riders in 2019..... There were also WAY less tests conducted.

Then there's this

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/12/sports/cycling/cycling-freeman-team-sky-doping.html

So no, things are very much still happening and the 'change in attitude' won't happen unless there are a number of years between guilty parties and adverse findings. If there are multiple naughty people caught every single year, there can be no shift away from the perception.