Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

2 hours ago, MORNE said:

It will look good on a trail adaption of Mint-Pistachio-Sause too 

I was seriously torn about whether to use them on that!

But the parts bin is bare now, the bikes are all pretty much done and it's time to ride more and spend less!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunrise bars and Metallica... this is why we're virtual acquaintances!

Fo' rizzle though, I've wanted some Sunrise bars forever just because they look awesome, and reminded me of my BMX days. If you ever feel the need to part ways with them, keep me at the top of the list. 

14 hours ago, MORNE said:

Had the same problem on my previous bike, so i also chopped the bars down to 720mm from 800 since thats the other way to get your wrists in a better spot. Always found myself moving my hands to the inside of the brake leavers after about 40km and just cruising along. 

I always knew more backsweep would solve that problem for me because part of why your wrists start hurting over long distances on 780-800mm wide with stock 9* back sweep bars is because your they are not in a natural position. - Always cocked/attack mode.

Then one day i walk into a bike shop and there hangs some SQ labs 30X 12 and 16* backsweep bars. They are pricey but they changed everything for my hand comfort. You get best of both worlds. Wide bars, with more back sweep for better hand position.

i sold that bike and dont even have a mtb at present…but I still have those bars in the parts bin - thats how much i liked them.

415761AB-19EB-41FA-B66A-CA24B7E251DD.jpeg

80972DF1-FD08-4400-96C3-527F7AC9B16F.jpeg

IMG_2800 2.jpeg

Sounds like something I should try on my hardtail roadie ..... on a 6 hour road ride I often move my hands about on the bars ....

I have considered those stubs that some use inside there brakes on the bars .... bar-ends have briefly been considered, soon rejected.

21 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

Sunrise bars and Metallica... this is why we're virtual acquaintances!

Fo' rizzle though, I've wanted some Sunrise bars forever just because they look awesome, and reminded me of my BMX days. If you ever feel the need to part ways with them, keep me at the top of the list. 

I swopped them for some alcohols as he would say, so dont let him shaft you on that one haha. He doesnt use alcohols though so maybe a few bottles of fizzy water or carrot juice will suffice. Pay them forward @Jewbacca😅

ps: i know, once i saw them on this bike i had to have them:

CF864789-F5BF-46A8-AB9E-825864D202D2.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

4 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Sounds like something I should try on my hardtail roadie ..... on a 6 hour road ride I often move my hands about on the bars ....

I have considered those stubs that some use inside there brakes on the bars .... bar-ends have briefly been considered, soon rejected.

Knipe het in shop. Dis waar ek myne gekry het as jy wil voel

1 minute ago, MORNE said:

Knipe het in shop. Dis waar ek myne gekry het as jy wil voel

O cr@p .... 👍😋

Sal gaan kyk 👍

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I actually did do that to try and mimic my old drop bar setup. I had them mounted inboard halfway to the stem, and right next to my grips between the grips and the levers. They did a relatively good job at giving you an alternative position, but you still ended up using your palm as support so you weren't really resting that part of your hand, and I could never get the angle just right. It either felt like I was sliding off of them if they were too far forward, or they weren't that comfy too upright. I even gooied a set of silicone grips on 'em.

Also, I couldn't get over how dorky they looked.

For reference:

35E560CC-30FC-157F-E985-33B2D9BA8973_o-01.jpeg.22d0c47f882f249c775130d6784e99e9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

I actually did do that to try and mimic my old drop bar setup. I had them mounted inboard halfway to the stem, and right next to my grips between the grips and the levers. They did a relatively good job at giving you an alternative position, but you still ended up using your palm as support so you weren't really resting that part of your hand, and I could never get the angle just right. It either felt like I was sliding off of them if they were too far forward, or they weren't that comfy too upright. I even gooied a set of silicone grips on 'em.

Also, I couldn't get over how dorky they looked.

For reference:

35E560CC-30FC-157F-E985-33B2D9BA8973_o-01.jpeg.22d0c47f882f249c775130d6784e99e9.jpeg

Thanks.

Skip that idea ....

9 minutes ago, MORNE said:

I swopped them for some alcohols as he would say, so dont let him shaft you on that one haha. He doesnt use alcohols though so maybe a few bottles of fizzy water or carrot juice will suffice. Pay them forward @Jewbacca😅

ps: i know, once i saw them on this bike i had to have them:

CF864789-F5BF-46A8-AB9E-825864D202D2.jpeg

Yeah nah.... The sunrise bars are being hammered on the ROS9.

As TyronLab said, it's like riding a giant 140mm BMX. I don't think I will be passing them on any time soon, but I have pinned this.

@ChrisF I have a set of Spirgrips https://www.spirgrips.com/ in a box somewhere if you want to try them

10 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Yeah nah.... The sunrise bars are being hammered on the ROS9.

As TyronLab said, it's like riding a giant 140mm BMX. I don't think I will be passing them on any time soon, but I have pinned this.

@ChrisF I have a set of Spirgrips https://www.spirgrips.com/ in a box somewhere if you want to try them

Thanks.

I actually have a set ..... The bars on the Darrvin is just too narrow for all the clutter I have on there already ..... :ph34r:

I have two spare bars .... same width ... :P

As winter sets in and I spend more time on the road I may finally get to testing it .... 

• 2 months later...

Was very interested in building one of these, but kinda lost interest due to no parts availability and no real plan on when it will be available.