• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

B3BDEA33-0B57-4B90-8B6E-1E5C5909D5D3.jpeg

Very nice!

Black and red fastest!

About 20 years ago, I saw my first Storck mtb (Y bike frame style), I stalked the german visiting Upington just so that I could see the bike, he was not very friendly...but for me it was the most beautiful bike I have seen.

Just now, DJuice said:

Very nice!

Black and red fastest!

About 20 years ago, I saw my first Storck mtb (Y bike frame style), I stalked the german visiting Upington just so that I could see the bike, he was not very friendly...but for me it was the most beautiful bike I have seen.

Yeah they are super nice bikes, the newly released aero disc bikes are insane as well, and the gravel bike is crazy light. Very lucky to be on one haha. Seems like they have moved away from the mtb scene a bit though, I know there are some fancy e mtb instead. 

Another full day trail building up to Constantia Neck

Now the cycle track continues to the end of the surface water channel, behind the barrier kerb, and continues straight out, no need to carefully jump back onto the tar.
The re-routed track is now behind the bollards and away from the tar
Should be much safer!
Will be back again next week, after the rain

1 hour ago, Jono said:

Looking forward to checking this out. Thank you for the initiative!

Does anyone have some pics of the work done?

Go to the start,  there's a link to a Facebook site 

Slightly off topic , but is the Missing Link trail open all the way to come out at the Apostle battery now?

Rode there yesterday and the point that used to be blocked off was open (coming from Camps Bay side), but I was pressed for time and looped down on some new trail and back towards Camps Bay before getting to a dead end.

1 hour ago, Toby Adams said:

Today the team cut a track through the ground cover just above the Longkloof building.

Now there is no need to cycle in the road 

There's one point just before the right hand climb where you have to go around a tree that grows right on the edge of the road, have to ride on the road to go around and duck into the few driveways before the right climb....this place?

Edited by capediver
Grammar

On 6/10/2022 at 3:25 PM, wolver said:

Slightly off topic , but is the Missing Link trail open all the way to come out at the Apostle battery now?

Rode there yesterday and the point that used to be blocked off was open (coming from Camps Bay side), but I was pressed for time and looped down on some new trail and back towards Camps Bay before getting to a dead end.

Nope not open officially. Ride at your own peril.

TMNP does not want it used.

• 1 month later...

I am stoked that I was not on the bike path today, some oke was SENDING IT down today through the curvy section. Climbing at 15kmh and him descending at 40kmh would not have ended well for either of us.