2019 Trek Madone SL6 disc vs 2021 Cannondale SystemSix

Conni

Or slapping a saddle bag on it like you are some back packer

Saddlebags are out, you need to put bar bags on your aero bike now. Bonus cool points if you have an aero handlebar too

Facts

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd opt for the cannondale. It just looks lighter.

My issue with the Trek is the BB, its not proven to be a robust design. The Cannondale isn't much better here out of the box but there are plenty of aftemarket solutions that create many happy cycling km's

My issue with the Trek is the BB, its not proven to be a robust design. The Cannondale isn't much better here out of the box but there are plenty of aftemarket solutions that create many happy cycling km's

whats heavier - 1 ton of feathers or 1 ton of steel?

:wacko:

This brings on a fun rant...

Using the seat tube length (unless it is a virtual seat post length and even then) is meaningless.

As an example a Large Giant TCR and a 56cm Trek Madone have the same length seat tube.

The Large TCR recommends riders 183-193cm and the recommendation for the 56cm Madone is 174-180cm.

The only 2 measurements and 1 condition that matter on a frame are:

2 measurements: Stack and Reach

1 Condition: You can get the seat post low/high enough

The days of "I'm a 54" died when Giant introduced the sloping top tube. 

The point of the rant? Trek has quite a "traditional" seat tube measurement - you will almost always take a "bigger" Trek than other (sloping) frames.

bang on, great insight

Trek are moving to the T47 BB and that makes Eldron super happy!

I'd guess the next Madone will be T47. The Emonda and Domane have already made the change.

That system 6 is something else - coupled with the knot bar and you have a sleek i only want to go fast bike. Its different, bold and the lines are gorgeous.

Defo places above the trek for me without trying to be biased and after riding a project one and a system 6.

Ultimately they both so good.

This thread has started a problem for me, was never a Trek fan, now I have a perm semi for the Madone.

There happens to be a Trek shop on the way from the station to the office.

Happened to be in the city today, so decided to pop in.

Walked in, met a sales dude. 

Sales Guy: "hi, how can I help you"

Me: "Hi, I'm in the market for a new bike. I like the Madone and Emonda. I currently have a Factor O2. I have also looked at the Ostra, Supersix and even C64 again..."

Sales Guy: "Yes, we can help, we have all kinds of bikes, these hybrid commuters start at only £250 each...."

Me: 

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

Saddlebags are out, you need to put bar bags on your aero bike now. Bonus cool points if you have an aero handlebar too

I have seen this numerous times around cape Town..... It's basically just like a bumper sticker that says 'My other bike is a Fixie but STRAVA'

My bet is they are bespoke hand made in Cape Town by previously disadvantaged smurfs using only naturally grown fabrics on a restored loom woven by leppers. 

Cape Town is awesome

This thread has started a problem for me, was never a Trek fan, now I have a perm semi for the Madone.

There happens to be a Trek shop on the way from the station to the office.

Happened to be in the city today, so decided to pop in.

Walked in, met a sales dude. 

Sales Guy: "hi, how can I help you"

Me: "Hi, I'm in the market for a new bike. I like the Madone and Emonda. I currently have a Factor O2. I have also looked at the Ostra, Supersix and even C64 again..."

Sales Guy: "Yes, we can help, we have all kinds of bikes, these hybrid commuters start at only £250 each...."

Me: 

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

What bike were you thinking about +- 6 months ago? 

Done a little highlighting to remove confusion.

Edited by Pure Savage

What bike were you thinking about +- 6 months ago? 

A Madone.

I ended up getting a Foil.

You never know what you will see and simply want.

Edited by TNT1

A Madone.

I ended up getting a Foil.

You never know what you will see and simply want.

Is that how his wife got preggers?  :blink:  :blink:

Edited by Pure Savage

I have seen this numerous times around cape Town..... It's basically just like a bumper sticker that says 'My other bike is a Fixie but STRAVA'

My bet is they are bespoke hand made in Cape Town by previously disadvantaged smurfs using only naturally grown fabrics on a restored loom woven by leppers. 

Cape Town is awesome

Latest trend here is to do loops of Richmond Park (on the tar) with your flared bars and all bags in place. The less actual cycling kit you wear while riding the better too apparently, bonus points for tartan.