947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a bit far out to be concerned about the weather. Tomorrow was a 60% chance for a wet lunch and early afternoon. It’s changed to 30% and by tomorrow it will be different to yesterday’s forecast.

Prevailing winds are NW to N, so a lekker windjie to bring everyone back to the finish.

6 minutes ago, Frosty said:

It’s a bit far out to be concerned about the weather. Tomorrow was a 60% chance for a wet lunch and early afternoon. It’s changed to 30% and by tomorrow it will be different to yesterday’s forecast.

Prevailing winds are NW to N, so a lekker windjie to bring everyone back to the finish.

Agree wholeheartedly, on a day-to-day basis, especially regarding thunderstorms.

But this one looks like a system that will be settling-in for a couple of days... Could be wrong. But best to get the mindsets ready for it.

https://sawx.co.za/rainfall-reenval/

2-week-14-day-rainfall-possibility-outlook-africa-weather-map.jpg

Does the MTB race still go into Northern Farms or does the route stay inside Steyn City?

Edited by _David_

On 11/11/2021 at 9:32 AM, pedal menace said:

This is very vague. On the one point they state: NO BULK COLLECTIONS. The very next point they explain the rules for someone that collects on your behalf. So what is BULK then? More than 10/20? 

mate lots of holes and contradictions in the details they have put out

in the rules for MTB they state

Only conventional mountain bikes, conventional mountain bike tandems and ‘fat bikes’ may be ridden

yet in start groups they talk about an e bike start group

the organizing this year is way below par

blame COVID I guess

just hope on race day they get it right

2 hours ago, rorydewet said:

mate lots of holes and contradictions in the details they have put out

in the rules for MTB they state

Only conventional mountain bikes, conventional mountain bike tandems and ‘fat bikes’ may be ridden

yet in start groups they talk about an e bike start group

the organizing this year is way below par

blame COVID I guess

just hope on race day they get it right

Covid?
Hahhahaha.

Seems to me the new organisers are not up to the task.
But that is just my opinion.  No attention to detail.

Best of luck to al for the weekend, babysitter dropped me so Ill watch the live timing as getting into Steyn City is a nightmare if you don't have the QR code. 

Heartbroken I am, but I'll get over it. 

I'm not crying, you're crying - GIF on Imgur

On 11/12/2021 at 9:59 AM, Vetplant said:

Agree wholeheartedly, on a day-to-day basis, especially regarding thunderstorms.

But this one looks like a system that will be settling-in for a couple of days... Could be wrong. But best to get the mindsets ready for it.

https://sawx.co.za/rainfall-reenval/

2-week-14-day-rainfall-possibility-outlook-africa-weather-map.jpg

Sunday has already dropped to 40% chance of wet.

On 11/12/2021 at 8:31 PM, OVERDRIVE said:

Best of luck to al for the weekend, babysitter dropped me so Ill watch the live timing as getting into Steyn City is a nightmare if you don't have the QR code. 

Heartbroken I am, but I'll get over it. 

I'm not crying, you're crying - GIF on Imgur

What QR code? I rode to the race thru the gate on Cedar and straight into the start chute without a single person stopping me. Oh and forgot my mask at home. Tough route and other than the smell that hit us on the far side no complaints here. Maybe need to train more and lose some timber ????

9 hours ago, jcza said:

What QR code? I rode to the race thru the gate on Cedar and straight into the start chute without a single person stopping me. Oh and forgot my mask at home. Tough route and other than the smell that hit us on the far side no complaints here. Maybe need to train more and lose some timber ????

You got lucky. When I went in everyone was being QR scanned. And again at the finish line. And we got told to put on our masks in the chute.