947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

13 hours ago, JJDT said:

Their queuing system is totally flawed it seems. I requested a re-seeding on website link entered all the info and a short motivation why. Received my re-seeding now, up from K - H after I requested G again as per last year. Not really satisfied but at least it is somewhat better.

Now how come a few Hub Members who clearly stated that they requested a re-seeding a few days ago receive no response, but some receive a response within 24 hours. It does not seem that they do have a queuing system at all, it is like randomly choosing a request and not per time in.

Still waiting

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received this now on whatsapp:

Good day Alessandro, kindly note that we are experiencing a high volume of timing queries. Our team is currently working to resolve all the pending queries.

Not surprising...

Total mystery as to how the seeding works.

People I know that rode the same time as me last year are all seeded either F or G and myself CC.

The mind continues to baffle.

Reading this thread just reminded me why i stopped doing these overpriced, overrated, races - The organization has turned into a commercialized fiasco, they don't care about your experience as long as they have your money. Even the hospitality after the event is more about your money.

Oh how I looooong for the good old days - Maybe i'm just old and grumpy now - So i'll take my money and have a lekka ride with some mates and a good brekkie afterwards & maybe even smash a few beers after the bacon and eggs.

Good luck to all those racing or riding - remember to ride it like you stole it  

Their administration still amazes me. Received a WA message at 14:28 yesterday stating that I'm re-seeded to batch H. Received another message at 17:32 which is exactly the same as my original message received stating my batch and start time.

I just hope the ride will be better than the administration and hopefully they did not forget to close one of the roads among the route.

50 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Treat it as a fun day out on roads we don't get to ride every day, with no traffic to be concerned about. As one former WT rider would say...

Peter Sagan Why So Serious Shirt Tank Hoodie - Q-Finder Trending Design T  Shirt

correct. And I actually enjoy the new route, where as in the past I only did it because it was a challenge, I cant really say I enjoyed any of the previous routes.

6 hours ago, Martin PJ said:

I used the whatsapp number, they replied in a few hours with a new seeding.

is that the 06074....6 number?

My last rant about how flawed the seeding process is.

Chatting to my next-door neighbour (who also cycles), who completed last years race in 4hr 30 and has not done any races this year, is seeded in 'B'.

The mind boggles when the organisers give the 'Based on Merit' excuse as to why your reseeding request was declined.

That said, will just treat this years ride as a fun day out with maybe a coffee stop (or beer) on the way

A week later and my entry is still not resolved.

Received a WA message on Friday asking for all my details so they can confirm.

Currently the only one entered still seems to be my 6 year old ( in the man race....)