Want to go tubeless

RJClegg

If your tyres arent tr just get yourself a set of cst Patrol or Maxxis Crossmark..both great tr tyres and really not that expensive. Around R380per tyre...they also seat easily..save yourself some headaches...been there done that got the tshirt

Where are you finding tubeless Crossmarks for R380?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike addict currently advertising the CST for R380...havent personally bought the crossmarks in a while but have seen good prices..i bought specialized fast traks late last year for R350 each. Also look at Chauo Yang at Cycle Lab...also a good tyre so there are definitely some good prices around if you look...

Bike addict currently advertising the CST for R380...havent personally bought the crossmarks in a while but have seen good prices..i bought specialized fast traks late last year for R350 each. Also look at Chauo Yang at Cycle Lab...also a good tyre so there are definitely some good prices around if you look...

The 2.1 crossmarks are hard to find now.....

As for that Fasttrack....I was quoted closer to R1000 for one tyre from the local dealer...lol!

Edited by Mojoman

so a good pump with a gauge is essential

how else see if leaking if dont measure

This is a great pump and no more guessing exact pressure

RYDER PUMP DIGITAL FLOOR 3.0

Yes sir. though not Tander on there anymore; changed my alias. 

I saw that recently, welcome! 

Lots of really helpful people on this forum, its a great place to be.

If your tyres arent tr just get yourself a set of cst Patrol or Maxxis Crossmark..both great tr tyres and really not that expensive. Around R380per tyre...they also seat easily..save yourself some headaches...been there done that got the tshirt

The OP Wants to Ride Trails, Those are XC Tyres.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, ChrisF said:

R 1 400 for the tires ... could save a bit here, or pay a lot more, depending on what you want.

R100 for rim tape

R100 for two valves, probably a bit more

R150 for sealant, enough for the install with some spare for topping up

Thats R 1 750 ...

NOT a lot left for labour .... shop is probably making more on the parts than on the labour ....

And if there are any issues the shop looses money ....

CORRECTION .... :eek:

Gorilla rim tape is now R 145 !

R190 for two valves !!

R190 for the Sludge

SCARY looking at the new prices and my old stock prices ... :cursing:

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

CORRECTION .... :eek:

Gorilla rim tape is now R 145 !

R190 for two valves !!

R190 for the Sludge

SCARY looking at the new prices and my old stock prices ... :cursing:

Where did you get those prices from? Going to attempt this with current tyres at the end of the month. 

33 minutes ago, RJClegg said:

Where did you get those prices from? Going to attempt this with current tyres at the end of the month. 

Doing tubeless conversion for a friend tomorrow, so stopped at my LBS and picked up the goodies ....

Got a fright when I saw the prices !!  Still have some old stock with prices on it ....

Back at home I logged onto to Evobikes to check the prices ....

Gorilla tape slightly cheaper than what I paid - https://www.evobikes.co.za/product/gorilla-tape-to-go/

Valves a bit more expensive than what I paid ...

Sludge exactly the same price.

All considered, if you are going to order in, may as well support Evobikes. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Doing tubeless conversion for a friend tomorrow, so stopped at my LBS and picked up the goodies ....

Got a fright when I saw the prices !!  Still have some old stock with prices on it ....

Back at home I logged onto to Evobikes to check the prices ....

Gorilla tape slightly cheaper than what I paid - https://www.evobikes.co.za/product/gorilla-tape-to-go/

Valves a bit more expensive than what I paid ...

Sludge exactly the same price.

All considered, if you are going to order in, may as well support Evobikes. :thumbup:

There’s a couple of other things I want from them as well; so I’ll grab from them. Thanks. 

Sportsman's warehouse? 

R40 gets you tape

R120 for valves

R80 for the slime. 

This is not rocket science

12 hours ago, 100Tours said:

Sportsman's warehouse? 

R40 gets you tape

R120 for valves

R80 for the slime. 

This is not rocket science

You had me surfing the web .... :whistling:

I see they have the same "duct tape" that CWC sells.  Interesting that CWC says the small roll is good for ONE rim, while SWH says it is good for TWO rims ... https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/sportsmans-warehouse-tubeless-rim-tape

More importantly - would appreciate first hand feedback from those that have used this tape.    Think it is time to look for Gorilla tape at NON-cycling outlets .... normally hardware stores are cheaper with this ....

I only found these valves on their web - https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/concept-tubeless-valve-set

Which sludge were you refering to ?  I only see this one - https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/dr-sludge-puncture-sealant

Should add, I use two bottles of the "Sludge" brand.  Well, actually one and a half bottles.  That leaves enough for a top up in a few months.  

darn-it .... THIS is what surfing leads to ... :whistling:  Seems like a very nice tool ...... https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/blackburn-big-switch-multi-tool