MTB long pants - who uses them

MajG

I have only seen the downhill folks rocking long mtb pants.

But does anybody wear them on the normal trail n descending?

Want to know how comfy they are?

Besides Leatt and Fox, are there any other brands available locally? Fox defend seems sold out in SA.

And its also added benefit for the cold and wet winter rides.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only seen the downhill folks rocking long mtb pants.

But does anybody wear them on the normal trail n descending?

Want to know how comfy they are?

Besides Leatt and Fox, are there any other brands available locally? Fox defend seems sold out in SA.

And its also added benefit for the cold and wet winter rides.

I have seen one or two guys wear them here in winter, but I don't so can't comment on comfort. 

One of the guys I know that does wear long pants occasionally wears Fox and he gets on well with it. If I was you I'd post this question on a UK or Canadian forum, you will get more replies there. 

I can see the benefit in cold and wet conditions. Gauteng never gets cold enough or even remotely wet in winter to justify it.

Looks cool though. Doesn’t looks comfortable to me, especially considering i ride with pads most of the time.

I can see the benefit in cold and wet conditions. Gauteng never gets cold enough or even remotely wet in winter to justify it.

Looks cool though. Doesn’t looks comfortable to me, especially considering i ride with pads most of the time.

Lol....

rephrase: by the time i get out of bed it is no longer cold enough.

I feel ashamed for wearing my Pep trancksuit pants on a ride now! (tucked into my socks naturally!)

Edited by Mojoman

I feel ashamed for wearing my Pep trancksuit pants on a ride now! (tucked into my socks naturally!)

Parachute pants are way hotter. 80s for life.

I wear long pants, but it is not cycling specefic. I have stretchy jeans which works very well and then I also have a Hiking pants which is ok. I am looking at getting a cycling specific pants, simply because I enjoy the protections the pants gives against bush etc from scratching you where they are close to the trail. Some protection from ticks as well. Best of all if you ride in muddy conditions, then only the pants is covered in mud and not your legs. I havent bought one yet as I am trying to find one with small logos on it also not too urgent.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Is this what you mean by Mtb Long Pants?  If it is, I wear mine on most Mtb rides, saves you quite a bit of skin when sliding out around corners, wherever else you run out of skill.

As said by Eddy, also offers some protection from vegetation scratches. 

Fox_Mens_Boardies-15_800x800_crop_center

Edited by Wannabe

Parachute pants are way hotter. 80s for life.

Years ago I lived on a small mining village near Witbank...We had a familiy there that always wore these...the husband, the wife and the two kids! This was before we had the Kardashians to give us fashion sense....

I wear long pants, but it is not cycling specefic. I have stretchy jeans which works very well and then I also have a Hiking pants which is ok. I am looking at getting a cycling specific pants, simply because I enjoy the protections the pants gives against bush etc from scratching you where they are close to the trail. Some protection from ticks as well. Best of all if you ride in muddy conditions, then only the pants is covered in mud and not your legs. I havent bought one yet as I am trying to find one with small logos on it also not too urgent.

a good razor and a blocked drain could help getting rid of the scratchy bush

Is this what you mean by Mtb Long Pants?  If it is, I wear mine on most Mtb rides, saves you quite a bit of skin when sliding out around corners, wherever else you run out of skill.

looking ripped there bru

I have seen one or two guys wear them here in winter, but I don't so can't comment on comfort. 

One of the guys I know that does wear long pants occasionally wears Fox and he gets on well with it. If I was you I'd post this question on a UK or Canadian forum, you will get more replies there.

More looking at whats locally available as bringing in clothes from Europe, the added tax is ridiculous

I want it purely for the additional protection on those falls and also for the cold n wet .

The fox defend pants look

As said by Eddy, also offers some protection from vegetation scratches. 

Are these short long pants?

Or long short pants?

I want the full pants, cover my shins I have delicate skin that only Dove can keep moisturized