Feedback on Squirt tyre sealant?

Ebjap1

On 10/28/2022 at 1:06 PM, EddieV said:

See Lanoy sell "Orange Sealant" in a 473ml bottle for R350

https://lanoysports.co.za/collections/orange-seal

And Olympic sells "Stan's Race" 950ml for R690

https://www.olympiccycles.co.za/product/stans-sealant-race-32oz-946ml/

So no noticable price difference between them ... think I'm going to give Orange a try, been using Stan's Race on the road bike for years with some good results, but every now-and-again it doesn't quite seal.

The benefits of Orange Seal over Stans
No latex ball build up
No need to remove the tyre till the tyre needs replacing
Seals the permeability of new tubeless tyres so you need to pump them less frequently 
Regular and Endurance can be mixed

On 10/31/2022 at 12:23 PM, michaelbiker said:

Nice thing about orange seal endurance is it’s really easy to peel off from the inside of the tire.  Comes off in one giant piece. Works for road tubeless and it seems to last a lot longer than Stans or Joes.

No need to even remove that from within your tyre :) you can just keep topping it up 

On 10/31/2022 at 12:42 PM, The Ouzo said:

is that the normal orange or the endurance ?

Both do not cause latex ball buildup. The differences:
Regular - Bigger holes are sealed and is the best at sealing, it requires more regular top ups
Endurance - Slightly smaller hole sealing capability, Longer lasting between top ups

On 10/31/2022 at 1:22 PM, Chadvdw67 said:

I have been using Enduro seal the last little while, before that was with Stans, the Enduro works well, but sheesh, the amount of latex balls that develop in a short space of time, and the build up of latex around the beads, it is getting quite annoying, but, it is cheaper amd works well, so.....

No ball build up with Orange Seal, and you wont even need to take the tyre off till the tyre needs replacing :) 

4 hours ago, TheoG said:

info@lanoysports.co.za

As I got it from their website above.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, we have rectified the issue with our domain provider. Sadly we wont receive any old emails so if you could please resend us a mail we will promptly answer you.

4 hours ago, figjam_sa said:

My wife and I have been using it the past year. She did a couple of races with it. We have had absolutely no problems with it so far. I should clean my tires sometime probably before I top up.. so I dont know if it builds up inside like Stans, but the product works

No Latex balls with Orange seal. :) Actually no need to even take the tyre off until it is worn out. You can continually just keep topping up. The weight from the uniform build up inside would pretty much be the same as the rubber lost on the tyre from use so that isn't a concern either. 

3 hours ago, W@nted said:

Any feedback on enduroseal in road tubeless setup? Or should I just go with orangeseal from the start?

Dont mess about, just go with Orange with new tyres as you will find you will have to pump them up less frequently. Our recommendation is to use Regular initially to get a great seal, then use endurance to top up with. It allows for a longer time between top ups and mixes with the regular well. Then you will have a slightly better long lasting sealant having started with the regular and its fantastic sealing capability but gaining last-ability from using the endurance too.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, remfactor said:

I have been using Stans sealant with no hassles for the past 6 years and recently swapped to Sludge Uniseal as recommended by Bells cycles. 

Very very happy with it. 

And it is basically half the price of Stans. 

Got it from Evo. R295 per litre. 

It looks like they are out of stock right now though. IMG_20221104_083554.jpg.785da8c71b63d1deaf0ad88f20c29d25.jpg

Almost 15 000km on this, and VERY happy 👍👍

So new rim tape is on, tubeless valves installed and pirellis installed. Tires seated with floor pump. No sealant in yet, but I see both wheels are losing pressure all around the tire bead (small bubbles all around).

Is this normal? Will sealant solve this? Or is there some other advice please?

58 minutes ago, W@nted said:

So new rim tape is on, tubeless valves installed and pirellis installed. Tires seated with floor pump. No sealant in yet, but I see both wheels are losing pressure all around the tire bead (small bubbles all around).

Normal, add sealent. 

1 hour ago, W@nted said:

Jip, perfectly normal.

Sorry, duplicated posts. As on the road tubeless thread, leak at the beads were gone after I added sealant and spun wheels horizontally. All seems good now.

The only sealant I found that works is Sludge, specifically the pink one.

It's been tried and tested and we used it with our teams at the Epic with 0 issue whatsoever.

Punctures wouldn't seal with Stans or Squirt. It seems that ever since they changed their formulas in 2018 / 2019, their sealants just don't work anymore.

Sudge however has always worked well and it's locally made in Cape Town.

On 11/4/2022 at 7:47 PM, Lanoy Sports said:

The benefits of Orange Seal over Stans
No latex ball build up
No need to remove the tyre till the tyre needs replacing
Seals the permeability of new tubeless tyres so you need to pump them less frequently 
Regular and Endurance can be mixed

No need to even remove that from within your tyre :) you can just keep topping it up 

Both do not cause latex ball buildup. The differences:
Regular - Bigger holes are sealed and is the best at sealing, it requires more regular top ups
Endurance - Slightly smaller hole sealing capability, Longer lasting between top ups

No ball build up with Orange Seal, and you wont even need to take the tyre off till the tyre needs replacing :) 

Our apologies for the inconvenience, we have rectified the issue with our domain provider. Sadly we wont receive any old emails so if you could please resend us a mail we will promptly answer you.

No Latex balls with Orange seal. :) Actually no need to even take the tyre off until it is worn out. You can continually just keep topping up. The weight from the uniform build up inside would pretty much be the same as the rubber lost on the tyre from use so that isn't a concern either. 

Dont mess about, just go with Orange with new tyres as you will find you will have to pump them up less frequently. Our recommendation is to use Regular initially to get a great seal, then use endurance to top up with. It allows for a longer time between top ups and mixes with the regular well. Then you will have a slightly better long lasting sealant having started with the regular and its fantastic sealing capability but gaining last-ability from using the endurance too.

never heard of this one, but funny to see the distributer correcting their customers over an actual real life experience of the product!

Back in the day Stans was the only product, but you had to watch his budget video and swear at non cycling looking Stan able to make the thing seal every time. putting the rim strips on exactly like indicated was not a guarantee of first time success.

Then people worked out formulas and it could be made at home for super cheap, resulting in people scaling this up and selling at a fraction of the price of imported stans. Maybe i should give this one a go, but it's now at double the price of Stans and I have only used Squirt and Enduro seal recently, they both work fine in my experience

I have no reason to diss Squirt here, but the pricing on Enduro seal makes it a no brainer. if you have a few friends you can get the 5l one for R1000. no reason to be importing this stuff

https://www.mtbsouthafrica.co.za/mtb-store/