Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

13 hours ago, MORNE said:

yes but you forget that i wanted to ride with you and your mrs in 5 and got told to F-off by the lady at the 5 gates lol. I even told her my wife was riding in 5 and i was going to ride with her and that wasnt enough. So I gave up my 3 starting spot for nothing and had to start at whatever was going next haha.

But then...apparently those officials were clueless. So anything is possible on the day.

On my 100km solo CTCT in oct i thought about what had just happened and all I could think was, maybe they decided you needed to start in the group you were seeded to adhere to covid protocols of max 2500 per group or something. Lets say 4000 people decide to ride with their friends in 5...suddenly you have almost 7k people in a starting group - that is technically breaking the covid protocol for the event?.

We know now it wasnt that but technically it could have been.

Hahaha hey I still feel bad about that. We then proceeded to ride (unknowingly) about 4 mins behind you the whole way.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Hahaha hey I still feel bad about that. We then proceeded to ride (unknowingly) about 4 mins behind you the whole way.

I was so lonely…lost…searching for my wolverine brother. The only ‘joy’ (read shame) i had that day was being passed by a funny little man i know on a 20” bicycle around Scarborough. 

1 hour ago, K20Champ said:

Looking to do my Maiden Sub 3 😎

Starting in the & group, started in 1B 2021 and finished in 3:01

Look out for me on a ruby red Giant, let's work together to get that sub-3. 

Judging by size (and strength) of the group, if there is half decent weather on the day, I recon tip of the group will be around 2:45.

Ride smart and sub3 will be done

14 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

If they can race smart and no crazy continues attacks, then i don't see why we cannot achieve it

34 minutes ago, babse said:

Judging by size (and strength) of the group, if there is half decent weather on the day, I recon tip of the group will be around 2:45.

Ride smart and sub3 will be done

How big is the & group? Also seeded in this group. Turned the 50 last year. 

19 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Continuous attacks are fast. The problem is when we start sitting up between attacks. 😉

preeeee size lee

✌️

Hi there

Entered the CTCT for the first time in 7 years. Been out of the country for a while. Got my starting time and it at 9:40 only. (F%^#$@*)

Is there any way that they can use my Argus seedings of 7 years ago? Is there any other way that I can start earlier? Don't want to struggle to get through the traffic. Looking to do a Sub 3:30. Don't think it will be possible with my start group....