Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

2 minutes ago, AB said:

Hi there

Entered the CTCT for the first time in 7 years. Been out of the country for a while. Got my starting time and it at 9:40 only. (F%^#$@*)

Is there any way that they can use my Argus seedings of 7 years ago? Is there any other way that I can start earlier? Don't want to struggle to get through the traffic. Looking to do a Sub 3:30. Don't think it will be possible with my start group....

Do you have any other race results in the past 7 years. 

They probably have used your time from 7 years ago, but with the time penalty, 9:40 is about right.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only entered this morning. I thought all the entries were sold out and was in the process of doing a substitution but entered as per usual. I'm assuming there will be a 2nd round of seeding. Can I still get seeded in the 1's (i.e. 1A, 1B etc.)? I did a 2:56 from 1B in 2021. If not, do they allow for reseedings at registration?

15 minutes ago, AB said:

Hi there

Entered the CTCT for the first time in 7 years. Been out of the country for a while. Got my starting time and it at 9:40 only. (F%^#$@*)

Is there any way that they can use my Argus seedings of 7 years ago? Is there any other way that I can start earlier? Don't want to struggle to get through the traffic. Looking to do a Sub 3:30. Don't think it will be possible with my start group....

You can definitely ride a sub 3:30 from the back of the alphabet soup. 

The field gets strung out quickly. The most congested places that far back are usually Smits and the road from Cape Point gate back to Mist Cliffs. 

Otherwise it's easy to get through/around. 

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

You can definitely ride a sub 3:30 from the back of the alphabet soup. 

The field gets strung out quickly. The most congested places that far back are usually Smits and the road from Cape Point gate back to Mist Cliffs. 

Otherwise it's easy to get through/around. 

actually Edinbourgh (sp?) drive is also congested that far back, but if you're going for a 3:30 you should be able to just about squeeze past on the far right, almost in the gutter.

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

actually Edinbourgh (sp?) drive is also congested that far back, but if you're going for a 3:30 you should be able to just about squeeze past on the far right, almost in the gutter.

You're right. I always forget about that roller

Last year I think I just about managed to get up without having to break rhythm which was from 6F.

25 minutes ago, AB said:

Hi there

I'm gonna leave this right here: https://www.strava.com/activities/509872496

#fynbrag #lookatme #backintheday

5 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

I'm gonna leave this right here: https://www.strava.com/activities/509872496

#fynbrag #lookatme #backintheday

Damn I remember our chat after 2021 CTCT when we decided not to do the 2nd loop, 15 mins later I already regretted it. This year I won't be able to do it either (family from overseas will be here...). Maybe 2023... It must be so cool to actually enjoy the route 🤣

Edited by Jbr

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Damn I remember our chat after 2021 CTCT when we decided not to do the 2nd loop, 15 mins later I already regretted it. This year I won't be able to do it either (family from overseas will be here...). Maybe 2023... It must be so cool to actually enjoy the route 🤣

2nd laps are really cool cause you have done your racing and you can just go with the vibe. In this particular year (2016) I started in 1A and did my first sub 3. I actually entered for lap 2 beforehand (yes that lap was legal and shows up on racetec) It was almost more fun just cruising around.

Was very lucky with the weather though, if it's windy and meh then I rather skip haha.

1 hour ago, Pure Savage said:

Should be around 200 large on the day.

I like. Last year & was a small group and got swallowed up by 1A after Wynberg Hill. 

1 hour ago, TheDogShow said:

Only entered this morning. I thought all the entries were sold out and was in the process of doing a substitution but entered as per usual. I'm assuming there will be a 2nd round of seeding. Can I still get seeded in the 1's (i.e. 1A, 1B etc.)? I did a 2:56 from 1B in 2021. If not, do they allow for reseedings at registration?

In a similar position to you, no seeding showing. Hoping for that 2nd round of seeding. Is that a thing?

On 2/15/2022 at 2:24 PM, MongooseMan said:

I'm in the same boat.

Rode 3:45 last year, did 2:50 at 99er, also seeded in 1C. I have less than 0% chance of a sub3, no matter how skinny I make my wheels.

Oh well, as least we'll have less dodging to do :)

Very similar situation for me. Last year I did 3:43 after lying down and resting a bit with some cramps. 

Then did a 2:23 in Tour of Durban 90km. I'm also in 1C. 

But I got hit with the vid two and a half weeks ago. Haven't been able to train at all and as I'm still coughing up lime green loogies and have tripple digit HR just from walking to the lav, I don't see myself doing much at CTCT this year. Just being able to take part and finish will be an achievement :( 

1 hour ago, AJB76 said:

Very similar situation for me. Last year I did 3:43 after lying down and resting a bit with some cramps. 

Then did a 2:23 in Tour of Durban 90km. I'm also in 1C. 

But I got hit with the vid two and a half weeks ago. Haven't been able to train at all and as I'm still coughing up lime green loogies and have tripple digit HR just from walking to the lav, I don't see myself doing much at CTCT this year. Just being able to take part and finish will be an achievement :( 

Hope you recover in time and are able to enjoy the day out

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Shouldn’t be hard . I’m the one who doesn’t ride around the peninsula with a photographer leaning out of a suv

#tigerseatwolves

and I love my carbs

#nobars #nogels #nobonk 🤣