Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

Seeing as they have released the date of the Cape Town Cycle tour as 13 March 2022 a new thread is in order, just so that I can forget about my puncture in 2021.

Will there be wind, will everyone need a covid test, will there be covid by then, will the SL7 recall have flooded the market with dirt cheap SL7, will I have gone tubeless by then and will they bring back the bar one stop and the Virgin Active crew

7b2817bf476ba4b310f902b04ef1c543_DSC_2258.JPG.1cd0d7a4a42bcb79c5fd425a842c7b6b.JPG?

Edited by Pure Savage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather in March is generally less predictable than October (which has fairly brilliant days as winter loses the battle with spring. 
I hope the numbers are low again as this 11700 finisher ctct was one of the most pleasant in recent history.

I hope there’s a few more events to sort out the seeding because it was a bit of a ####show this year with those two seeding events they threw in. Looking at finishing times for the Vets vs mine I should probably have been seeded in @ rather than with sub vets and youngsters in 1A. 
also I hope the gees is back. Edinburgh is usually a massive hive of activity. There were loads of people out but they weren’t nearly as noisy as previous years. Suikerbossie was also too empty.

Does anyone have a table that roughly indicates what group you could possibly start in based on your seeding ?

Or let me ask this in another way, what seeding would you need to be to get into groups 3 / 4 / 5 etc ?

The best part about this years cycle tour was the low entry numbers, what a pleasant ride all the way with no "traffic"

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

The weather in March is generally less predictable than October (which has fairly brilliant days as winter loses the battle with spring. 
I hope the numbers are low again as this 11700 finisher ctct was one of the most pleasant in recent history.

I hope there’s a few more events to sort out the seeding because it was a bit of a ####show this year with those two seeding events they threw in. Looking at finishing times for the Vets vs mine I should probably have been seeded in @ rather than with sub vets and youngsters in 1A. 
also I hope the gees is back. Edinburgh is usually a massive hive of activity. There were loads of people out but they weren’t nearly as noisy as previous years. Suikerbossie was also too empty.

Think there should be braais set up along the route with stands and music! 

I think they either need to host 3 or 4 cycle tours a year and make it more sreamlined or increase numbers to make it viable.

9 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Seeing as they have released the date of the Cape Town Cycle tour as 13 March 2022 a new thread is in order, just so that I can forget about my puncture in 2021.

Will there be wind, will everyone need a covid test, will there be covid by then, will the SL7 recall have flooded the market with dirt cheap SL7, will I have gone tubeless by then and will they bring back the bar one stop and the Virgin Active crew

7b2817bf476ba4b310f902b04ef1c543_DSC_2258.JPG.1cd0d7a4a42bcb79c5fd425a842c7b6b.JPG?

is it going to be a rolling start ?

17 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Clearly you have never done a Wines2Whales in October.... Often 3 days of vastly different weather conditions in a row..

23 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Think there should be braais set up along the route with stands and music! 

I think they either need to host 3 or 4 cycle tours a year and make it more sreamlined or increase numbers to make it viable.

Or raise the entry fee …

#chasingtheunpopularityaward

10 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Seeing as they have released the date of the Cape Town Cycle tour as 13 March 2022 a new thread is in order, just so that I can forget about my puncture in 2021. (and 2020)

12 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Who is who in the pic? Introduce the sub 3 savages!????

Edited by TCTG