Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

44 minutes ago, AJB76 said:

Oh no look, I was considering trying to get an e-bike and try just lap the course in 6 hours just to finish it. And make no mistake, there's still a part of me that wants to roll up there and ride. But, sometimes you gotta think the long game.

I've also got 70.3 PE coming up. So it makes it a bit easier to sit this one out and try come right before then. 

I once had to bail half way through a two day mtb race because of a bad flu (before Covid days) and I still count it as one of the most psychologically difficult (but still right) decisions I ever had to make...........and I include decisions like getting married (that was easy.....and also right, as it turned out) and having kids (kinda got decided for us).

So, feel bad about it, but know that it was the right choice.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

With weather like that, why wouldn't you?

Final inspection after a 5 year project .... as lead engineer all eyes were on me ....

Thankfully we only had two very minor snags and council gave the final all clear.  Big smiles all round ....

Was expecting a loooong day .... so left the bike at home.

52 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Who have you chosen as your transport company if I may ask? I'm going with Joggie, so I need to drop off tomorrow or Sunday. 

Am growing more excited as time goes by, been a hectic week, new job, so getting to learn the ins and outs, not much time to get buzzing for CTCT.

A ride 4 my bike. It used to be owned by a buddy of mine and he recently sold the business and the new guy still offers a decent service so sticking with him. 

I started a new job a week before the October edition last year so know all about that. 

@ group (06h20)

With covid restrictions allowing bigger groups than last year, this group will comprise the top veterans in the 40-49 age group and the top riders aged 17-29 who do not qualify for the elite race.

Oh goodie! Because the top vets are not fast enough as is....

2 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

This time next week I will be arriving in Cape Town. Dropping my bike off with the transport company on Sunday. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please can everyone in # ride a nice hard consistent pace. Lets leave the attacks for somewhere around Camps Bay.............

I should hopefully be arriving about this time next week, depending on what time we leave bloem Friday morning. 
always awesome being down there, can’t wait either. 

3 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

This time next week I will be arriving in Cape Town. Dropping my bike off with the transport company on Sunday. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please can everyone in # ride a nice hard consistent pace. Lets leave the attacks for somewhere around Camps Bay.............

O, shut up, you are giving those of us that is sitting this one out some serious FOMO!😎

1 hour ago, HdB said:

Oh goodie! Because the top vets are not fast enough as is....

Where did you find this?

22 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Where did you find this?

I received an email about it this afternoon, applicable to all groups up to 1D.

& is the top 30-39s and 50+

Edited by HdB

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

I should hopefully be arriving about this time next week, depending on what time we leave bloem Friday morning. 
always awesome being down there, can’t wait either. 

Where you staying? 

Jase and his family are staying near to me and we planning a ride together on Saturday morning. 

Will WhatsApp you during the week. 

3 hours ago, HdB said:

😕 well there goes the neighbourhood

11 hours ago, HdB said:

LOL, no pressure to live up to top then...

9 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Sorry man. I'll keep quite until I get down there and then post Pre race coffee ride photos. 

That's a good idea. I'll remember to do the same.

I hope once everyone recovers they'll post of their experience of race day.