Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

Cape weather forecasts: yesterday it predicted an event-cancelling SE, today most seem to think light(-ish) N/NW with some rain. 

Things are looking up. 😅

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noboday thought that lol. The weather is actually pretty predictable here if you know what to look for. The wind ALWAYS howls just before its toasty for a few days. That will be mid week. Then the wind will chill s bit and the cold and wet will come. Its high school  geography really, thats what happens when a cold front pushes the hot air infront of it. 

anyway…it will come, lets hope that pocket of weather either hits saturday or moves to monday again. 

bike parts are expensive - riding in the rain is only fun on the day, the pain comes afterwards haha

Edited by MORNE

24 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Noboday thought that lol. The weather is actually pretty predictable here if you know what to look for. The wind ALWAYS howls just before its toasty for a few days. That will be mid week. Then the wind will chill s bit and the cold and wet will come. Its high school  geography really, thats what happens when a cold front pushes the hot air infront of it. 

anyway…it will come, lets hope that pocket of weather either hits saturday or moves to monday again. 

bike parts are expensive - riding in the rain is only fun on the day, the pain comes afterwards haha

You clearly got a distinction. 

15 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

oef... this is where getting what you hope for can make for a long day...😬 or can get one sideswiped by a windswept chemical toilet...💩 but good luck...

Or you can get blown straight off your bike like JA et al. at Strade Bianchi. 

It certainly was howling yesterday (whole day) while this morning seems a little better. First time in a while we landed on runway 19, as I’m used to coming in over the bay. 

7 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

You clearly got a distinction. 

Had dinner with a Doctor once and in a mildly over indulged wine fit he told us how it angers him that we as genpop love to be experts at everything and their inner workings yet the average person has no clue how their body works or cant even explain what side their liver is haha. I guess that was my weather version of that LOL. Ps, im really no expert at all. 
PPS yes, it was a easy A+ in the 90s, why I took it as an extra subject haha. 

6 minutes ago, Mamil said:

If it's raining or windy I'm staying in bed with coffee and hot cross buns. 

Ill do windy, but definitely not rain again.
2019 K2C has cured me of that crap indefinitely 🤣

Just now, mecheng89 said:

Or you can get blown straight off your bike like JA et al. at Strade Bianchi. 

It’s Bianche (plural)

Bianchi is the singular
Bianche is the plural

Strade Bianche = White Streets.

I also passed my grammar test with distinction 

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Ill do windy, but definitely not rain again.
2019 K2C has cured me of that crap indefinitely 🤣

I saw that 2019 K2C weather coming and didn’t bother going to Uniondale - my friend left the route in an ambulance with hypothermia and she’s a doctor 

that said I’d rather ride in warm rain than wind 

Typical Cape Town medium term predictions ....

Last night the rain was forecast for Saturday.  Now it is forecast for Sunday morning.  

Now the wind also looks significantly better than last night ....

So this is the prediction with 5 days to go ....

83.JPG.ab8a44e643f2d4b549628a7d8783d18a.JPG

15 hours ago, Wannabe said:

As safe as can be with hundreds, if not thousands, of cyclists around you. But be safe, and follow the road rules, not to say if another cyclists ignores a Stop Sign or blows through a Red Traffic Light, you can do the same. 

Enjoy the beauty and atmosphere that will be all around you.

Thank you - much appreciated.

46 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I saw that 2019 K2C weather coming and didn’t bother going to Uniondale - my friend left the route in an ambulance with hypothermia and she’s a doctor 

that said I’d rather ride in warm rain than wind 

We made a holiday of it and that week in knysna was in the high 30s the whole week, but you know since you live that side.

I was so keen for the ‘light drizzle’ and cooler temps after that heat haha. And you are more tougherer when you’ve been carbloading on a knysna gin drip the whole week lol

If we only knew. 

edit: thinking about it now, that must be why we made it wearing only t-shirts and baggies. We basically had antifreeze in our veins.  

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

If it's raining or windy I'm staying in bed with coffee and hot cross buns. 

put those watts into your jaw instead!