Tour de France 2022

'Dale

not wanting to be funny or anything, but it sounds very different to the tune that was whistled 2 years ago re unethical practice to implement bubbles. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

FYI, Top contenders will start sooner rather than later:

Reading into how teams have staggered this, one can quickly see the priorities of each team, or can we?

Alpecin: MvdP->J Phillipsen

TJV: Roglic-> Vingegaard ->WVA

Ineos: D Martinez-> G Thomas -> Ganna (Does this mean they agree that Martinez is their best bet on GC?) 

UAE: Bjerg-> Laengen -> Pog (Interesting, they might be planning to sus out the way the coarse rides before launching Pog)

2 hours ago, Jakkals. said:

not wanting to be funny or anything, but it sounds very different to the tune that was whistled 2 years ago re unethical practice to implement bubbles. 

We have all learned a helluva lot since then.

It's only right that things have changed for the better with more emphasis and acknowledgement of mental health and the effects of the bubbles and protocols.

Hmmm, twisty technical opening TT. No mention of rain because that would be intense. One more slapie.

I wonder if there are any health risks associated with intense physical exertion while asymptomatically COVID positive.

I know there are cases of damage to various organs after mild cases.

7 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Hmmm, twisty technical opening TT. No mention of rain because that would be intense. One more slapie.

🤔???

1 minute ago, Jakkals. said:

I woke up thinking Froome might throw a curve ball at le tour…

Was thinking a stage and calling it a day.

29 minutes ago, Jakkals. said:

I was also thinking he could surprise us after watching his latest youtube interview.

1 hour ago, Jakkals. said:

I feel sorry for those of you that don't believe in miracles. We saw donkey to race horse once already, why not again? 

Refresher of what is on the menu for today.

If I judged this course purely on the elevation Profile, I'd have said no-one will come close to Ganna. BUT, with all these corners, I think one of the Cyclocrossers are going to upset him.

MvdP is starting 40mins before Ganna, Wout and Pog. There is a chance that MvdP can complete the course in the dry, and 40 minutes later it can be pouring. Significant clouds blowing-in from the south in the next couple of hours if you look at Sattelite imagery. Windy - Copenhagen

A fair fight would be if it starts raining before the first rider rolls off the ramp, but the Weather never plays fair.

EDIT: I see Bissenger starts 4 mins ahead of MvdP, also in with a SERIOUS shout today.

Edited by Vetplant

12 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Refresher of what is on the menu for today.

If I judged this course purely on the elevation Profile, I'd have said no-one will come close to Ganna. BUT, with all these corners, I think one of the Cyclocrossers are going to upset him.

MvdP is starting 40mins before Ganna, Wout and Pog. There is a chance that MvdP can complete the course in the dry, and 40 minutes later it can be pouring. Significant clouds blowing-in from the south in the next couple of hours if you look at Sattelite imagery. Windy - Copenhagen

A fair fight would be if it starts raining before the first rider rolls off the ramp, but the Weather never plays fair.

Ja nee, the corners will definitely disrupt the steady mega Ganna Wattz.

Head: Wout, Mathieu

Heart: Stefan Bissegger

27 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

SNIP

Maybe I was wrong and they all get the same conditions....