Tour de France 2022

'Dale

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Not even a call to say he's not made the team...

20220627_161532.jpg

can think thats one call the Team Manager would not have wanted to make...

G

17 hours ago, Vetplant said:

I know Cav is special in the fact that he has the joint record holder on stage races.

BUT, taking half a step back. Do we really think each and every prospective TDF rider gets a call from his DS to break the news to him before it reaches the social media pages?

We are all human, maybe the DS just had too much on his plate to call the great and mighty Cav to let him down softly. 

It's like maybe 10 calls for a DS, to talk to your guys to personally tell them yes/no. H3ll I'd bl00dy hope he has at least the balls to say sorry bud, not picking you this year...

it's not really that much to ask considering the time the guy puts in to get ready for the tour/season to pick up a phone for maybe a 5 min call.

G

17 hours ago, Frosty said:

In the corporate world it’s a no-no to go to social media about your employer.

can't blame him after the DS did not have the decency to at least pick up the phone.

He is not a junior rider, a wanna be... respect goes both ways, and not phoning him at least ...

G

1 minute ago, awesme said:

It's like maybe 10 calls for a DS, to talk to your guys to personally tell them yes/no. H3ll I'd bl00dy hope he has at least the balls to say sorry bud, not picking you this year...

it's not really that much to ask considering the time the guy puts in to get ready for the tour/season to pick up a phone for maybe a 5 min call.

G

I think we are completely out of touch with the context of the specific team and how they operate.

Like John mentioned: Was Cav ever on the Long List or Short List for TDF? What is the current working relationship between the DS and CAV?

Sitting here and judging either side is going to be flawed. It is what it is, sorry Cav.

There will be hell to pay if the team doesn't bring home the bacon. But if they win 4 stages, one could argue they made a fair decision.

5 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Nothing strange about not being told if you weren't going. Nothing is a guarantee in a Tour team selection. 

Agree 100% not sure why he is expecting this special treatment and by crying on Social Media I don’t think he’ll get a new contract from Uncle Patrick

Regardless the result - the race is poorer for not having Cav in it I feel. Just the possibility of a single stage win bringing him the record is something we will go without. And I may have to eat my words but does LeF think there's a GC snowball's chance? 

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I think we are completely out of touch with the context of the specific team and how they operate.

Like John mentioned: Was Cav ever on the Long List or Short List for TDF? What is the current working relationship between the DS and CAV?

Sitting here and judging either side is going to be flawed. It is what it is, sorry Cav.

There will be hell to pay if the team doesn't bring home the bacon. But if they win 4 stages, one could argue they made a fair decision.

whatever the relationship, think it is just decency to call the guys, they would have know if they in running, if they not then they knew they would not get a call either way, but if they were, then they still deserve a call, either way.

but think we might be seeing the start of a big change... allot of the older known names starting to be left out, and newer names making teams for the next couple of years.

new wave.

G

3 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Regardless the result - the race is poorer for not having Cav in it I feel. Just the possibility of a single stage win bringing him the record is something we will go without. And I may have to eat my words but does LeF think there's a GC snowball's chance? 

ye... Cav was def worth a fair amount of viewership numbers, in the end it's all about viewers and numbers and marketing... 

G

Guys...I dont think Cav ever signed his contract as QS no.1 sprinter...if you aren't the number sprinter, you are not going to the tour.

3 minutes ago, awesme said:

whatever the relationship, think it is just decency to call the guys, they would have know if they in running, if they not then they knew they would not get a call either way, but if they were, then they still deserve a call, either way.

SNIP

That may be the point.

Jacobsen might have always been the shoe-in pick for the TDF and Cav got the compromise deal of riding the Giro this year. Maybe this was discussed in the training camp in December already. We won't know.

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

That may be the point.

Jacobsen might have always been the shoe-in pick for the TDF and Cav got the compromise deal of riding the Giro this year. Maybe this was discussed in the training camp in December already. We won't know.

ye we won't...

still sadddd. no Max missile tis year.

G

14 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

That may be the point.

Listening to his interview post GB road champs, He certainly believed he had a chance of going to LeTour. If he knew he wasn't in the running then surely he would've said so when asked about it and also not made the social media post about not being notified.