Tour de France 2022

'Dale

38 minutes ago, _David_ said:

I think the heat might be his kriptonite, lots of sweat marks on his bib.

But I have new respect for him after listening to his post race interview today. Love his attitude. 

I just hope he hasn’t picked up Bennett’s bug

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Underachiever said:

Just watched the stage with the DSTv function of having 2 hrs "back-up".  I cannot remember such a stunning stage for ages.  The next week and a half is going to be INTENSE.  The Pog will not give up. 

Echos of Hinault.

the  road to Serre Chevalier was Hinaults undoing in 1986. Impost interview he stunned Le Mond when he announced that the tour wasn’t over and that he’d fight all the way to Paris. Today that same road was Poggies undoing and in post race he vowed to fight all the way to Paris. 
only difference is Vingegaard expects nothing less

38 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I just hope he hasn’t picked up Bennett’s bug

I hope not... Was my first thought as well 

Ive mentioned before that Jonas > Pogi on 30min+ climbs and today proved that it was a few km to far for Pogi. I hope he bounces back and bring the fight. 
Jonas is in Froome shape, hard to beat skeleton up these climbs. 

It must be crazy how many calories these guys burn on stages like today. 

Always awesome to see The Condor glide up the gradients. He was born at high altitude and that physiological advantage shows in the high mountains above 2000 metres altitude.

Solid performances by quite a few French hopes in Gaudu, Barquil and especially DSM’s Bardet. I suspect that Pinot is saving his 'VAM matches' for Bastille Day and some stage glory.

What a masterclass in pacing by Gee, amidst the absolute frenzy between Roglič, Pogačar and Vingegaard.

The maillot jaune in Tadej battled against the multiple attacks by the highly effective Jumbo' team. He was eventually overwhelmed with the 'slow poison', unable to produce anything but seated power in the final 4kms. That blerrie gogga is such a variable in the destiny of Team UAE's during this tour and have diminished their collective powers radically. Did Pogačar miss a feed somewhere in the chaos? 

Jonas's 1st every stage victory in a Grand Tour. He was so grateful for this team. Imagine having the maillot vert on the final valley floor to boost morale and be a spare engine for the team. Vingegaard set "a new climbing record on Col du Granon: 35 min 52 sec, 5 min faster than Zimmerman & Lemond in 1986! ~6,1 w/kg at high altitude after a big battle on Galibier is out of this world."  - Sauce: http://www.climbing-records.com/2022/07/vingegaard-becomes-beast-on-granon.html

Beautiful racing. The Golden Fleece now on the shoulders of a man that used to pack fish for a living before he turned pro'.

Bucket list climb - Col du Granon! 💋

Pic: Getty Imagesspacer.png

Edited by 'Dale

Today is a monster day AGAIN.  Cant wait to see what unfold.  I was hoping Jonas can do something special but was not sure ...

Thanks to the entire JV team and especially Roglic that sacrificed his own GC position to make this possible.

Let the action continue !

YouTube prediction

I just have this feeling Durainrider is going to blame disc brakes for Pogi's performance ...

............but everybody was on disc brakes 😂

and then followed by Waynos...:ph34r:

15 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Tomorrow could be a good day to get Roglic back on the podium and finish Tadej.

jonas will be best placed even though he had to go deep he wasn’t over the limit. UAE will need to control tomorrow but I don’t see it happening. Jumbo look strong and well drilled after their game of musical bikes last week

edit: Roglic came in at a pedestrian 10min behind so is now 13min back. Looks like he’s GC ambition for tdf podium 2022 is over.

Was thinking that Jumbo might send Roglic in a break up the road to see if he can make it onto the podium. That would also force UAE, Ineos and others to chase the break as it's so tight for 2nd & 3rd but with 10min down it might be too much to ask for.
Suppose Jumbo can just defend, which team has the fire power to take them on - none !!

Interesting that Lance mentioned that Jumbo has Pogi on the ropes now...they need to drive it hard. Makes sense...you dont want to give the wonder kid a chance to comeback.

13 minutes ago, Jakkals. said:

Interesting that Lance mentioned that Jumbo has Pogi on the ropes now...they need to drive it hard. Makes sense...you dont want to give the wonder kid a chance to comeback.

Yup, after yesterdays effort there's just no way Taddy can recover as quickly as Jonas so Jumbo would be wise to drive it as hard as possible today with Roglic and Sepp.

22 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Yup, after yesterdays effort there's just no way Taddy can recover as quickly as Jonas so Jumbo would be wise to drive it as hard as possible today with Roglic and Sepp.

they seemed to be taking it really easy on the way to the line yesterday and were all smiles and jokes. This can't be good news for anyone not riding a Cervelo. We all wonder what their goals are for today...

I suspect they will would part of the job to be done and will play a wait-and-see game. Risky while letting rivals recover, but not necessarily back in the game, but as we know, a recovered Pog is back in the game, esp if he decides to to to an uphill ITT...

Will Jonas be thinking 'i'm a fishpacker dammit, not a ski jumper. this will be different!'

Well yesterday Jonas slapped Pogi with a pap snoek. Today it might be a halibut but a fish none the less. I wonder when the accusations of fishy business will light? Difficult in SA as timing is everything between loadshedding

Edited by DieselnDust

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

What makes you think Jonas can recover better than Taddy - Jonas burnt a lot of matches in those final km's but today will tell I suppose