• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Fortunately sram is so fast he had the luxury of a bike change 

I was waiting for that Karate Kid come back comment! 😂😂😂

36 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Disappointed GT didn’t have enough to hold on, but happy that Rog’s “mechanical” wasn’t the deciding factor. Happy that Rog can bury his ghost that previous climb trial failure.

.. I didn’t see GT completely comfortable… nee to hear his interview. That TT was brutal, the team should of ensured he carries a wider margin for that Greg Lemond just in case flip! To come this close… kinda guttered it had to end this way. Three weeks and everything falls on one incline! 🙈

All I can say is SRAM shares just dropped 22 basis points…🫣 He was so focused that it didn’t matter, well done to him. He could have thrown his bike like a few Pros we’ve seen over the years, so hats off to the Bees for leaving it for the final sting! And now you can take the “G”out of the Giro and replace it with a “R”! What an epic battle, thanks to one Belguim who decided it was best to leave….🤭👀👍🏻 

I hope the TDF has this much madness… watching the “Breakaway De Gee-Rog ! (See what so did there<) has set the stage for the next showdown. Rome awaits…

the views are just stunning.I would love to ride my bike there , but I fear my smokers lungs wont enjoy it. I really enjoyed watching this year's Giro.

That was an epic ITT. Course looked stupid hard!

I must be honest, the rest of the 3 weeks in terms of GC battles was pretty tame. I actually thought the super domestiques kept the race in tact for Primoz and Almeida.

Massive kudos to G who looked comfortable and not really threatened until today. I didn't expect that before race started. 

The break away artists made quite a few stages exciting. 

Odd of Cav pulling off win tomorrow!? Lol 

12 hours ago, Frosty said:

Disappointed GT didn’t have enough to hold on, but happy that Rog’s “mechanical” wasn’t the deciding factor. Happy that Rog can bury his ghost that previous climb trial failure.

Awesome by Primoz, I didn't see that coming but very glad he could pull a Pogacar on GT.

14 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Awesome by Primoz, I didn't see that coming but very glad he could pull a Pogacar on GT.

Have anyone seen some stats for the final climb by Primoz?

10 hours ago, babse said:

That was an epic ITT. Course looked stupid hard!

I must be honest, the rest of the 3 weeks in terms of GC battles was pretty tame. I actually thought the super domestiques kept the race in tact for Primoz and Almeida.

Massive kudos to G who looked comfortable and not really threatened until today. I didn't expect that before race started. 

The break away artists made quite a few stages exciting. 

Odd of Cav pulling off win tomorrow!? Lol 

I would love to see Cav come away with a win in his last Giro .... 🤞

Edited by TheoG

What an incredible duel between two classy racers. Roglič conserved himself so well in week 3 and Gee started well and faded in the final third of the climbing TT.

I wonder whether Thomas will reconsider retirement now. Not sure he knows either and whether Ineos would resign him for maybe another final season. A good two months on the beach and a few beers will reveal all.

Is this performance worthy of a co-leadership position with Vingegaard at the Tour de France in the near future? Hmmm, having Remco as a rival would’ve been a solid measurement of how good Roglič performed.

Off to Rome today to wrap up what has been a very challenging Giro with angry weather gods and the resurgence of the gogga. I am sure that TDF teams will recall their COVID  19 protocols regardless of whether the ASO organisation will require them to.

Slovenia is blessed with so much talent, hey. Not to mention the super fans.

IMG_0979.jpeg

IMG_0982.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

14 hours ago, babse said:

People must stop referring to Thomas as "G" now that there's a new "Gee" in town, it's confusing AF 🤣

35 minutes ago, &#x27;Dale said:

IMG_0982.jpeg

This is a dream shot !  funny that on a very similar excercise as the one in TdF where he probably got his career most ridiculous photo (and lost a Grand Tour), yesterday he had one of a most epic shot (and won a grand tour)