Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

Almeida looks tough as nails

Always getting dropped but never to far behind and always clawing his way back......if only he had more support from his teammates who are always in the break but never winning anything ...cough Formolo 

I hope he atleast gets to Podium at this race.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, YaseenEnos said:

Almeida looks tough as nails

Always getting dropped but never to far behind and always clawing his way back......if only he had more support from his teammates who are always in the break but never winning anything ...cough Formolo 

I hope he atleast gets to Podium at this race.

he's one of those guys who can put it in gear, and go at a steady pace for the whole day. He has a decent TT too, so hopefully he rides a fast 17km on Sunday.

If Landa bumps him off the podium, I'll be hoping the goes all in and takes the overall. How free would Landa be then? and how broken would the internet be?

17 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Jeepers, yet another IWG...

A remarkable year for the team in fluo. What a ride by Jan Hirt. The biggest ride of his career after winning on Green Mountain at Tour of Oman. 

2C988F4F-8538-49F4-A360-FCDA8028B3C3.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

That final time trial on Stage 21 - everybody trying to make up seconds this week before the more capable races against the clock, like Almeida (the zombie that gets back up after being shot a hundred times). Intense build-up to Sunday.
Today’s work, will be eina after yesterday’s time in them high mountains. Who’s got the week 3 legs?

D4819761-3D26-4C8D-9F08-A6DED33C0A1E.jpeg

2 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

I really hope Hindley does good things in the coming days. 

There were some doubts of his, and the Ginger that won it in 2020, that their wins were possibly watered down, because of the overlapping of two GTs. I think, so far, Hindley is proving his performance in 2020 was good enough to prove otherwise.

I remember the Cycling Podcast were a little critical.

9 minutes ago, Frosty said:

There were some doubts of his, and the Ginger that won it in 2020, that their wins were possibly watered down, because of the overlapping of two GTs. I think, so far, Hindley is proving his performance in 2020 was good enough to prove otherwise.

I remember the Cycling Podcast were a little critical.

quite right. also, anyone that leaves the skybots becomes a big fish in the new pond (except Moscon).

my own little hope is that Hindley takes this, and if not, I hope he takes it to the line. It'd be great to get Bora on the GT scoresheet.

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

A remarkable year for the team in fluo. What a ride by Jan Hirt. The biggest ride of his career after winning on Green Mountain at Tour of Oman. 

2C988F4F-8538-49F4-A360-FCDA8028B3C3.jpeg

I am amazed by what this team is doing. No money wasted on yesterday's heros, just riders with potential achieving awesome results. I want to know the story of the brains behind it and I wish this had been DiData (rather than hosting Twitter wars with the 'missile).

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Rain capes, Bruuuu, after 15 stages of sunny weather

01A70A49-9362-4D6B-9B59-458BA148E316.jpeg

it's about time. this is the Giro after all :)

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Pantani record blown up, yoh

242691EB-0B9D-4E4F-B333-8AD95FFD2EFB.jpeg

And so far, it seems that Hindley has pipped Carapaz in all the sprints that have really counted. Yesterday's being the most telling. How will that affect their respective performances in the coming days I wonder

Erm... this is a banger of a stage and really not the leader on the road that anyone expected. but it's not a surprise... MVDP... wowza. will he pull it off? Leemreize will be wondering what he'll need to do if they're together when the line appears

9 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Erm... this is a banger of a stage and really not the leader on the road that anyone expected. but it's not a surprise... MVDP... wowza. will he pull it off? Leemreize will be wondering what he'll need to do if they're together when the line appears

turns out, that might not seem to be a consideration at all... he's getting it done on the climb