Which deal is the best option

madmarc

14 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Thats a good option for 1K more - If only it was a different color

I would rather a green bike than some of the rubbish people are cheeky enough to sell as 'barely used' and 'just serviced'. 

If you buy the wrong bike you can quickly drop 5k if you need a new cassette, chain and a buggered hub

One word of advice when buying used bikes is to make sure the group set that's on it is all the same brand and model . It just makes it easier to google the brand and model to check the performance and spec . Cross dressing as i call it comes from previous owners not really knowing their components when replacing or its a bike built up out of older WELL used components . 

29 minutes ago, FirstV8 said:

One word of advice when buying used bikes is to make sure the group set that's on it is all the same brand and model . It just makes it easier to google the brand and model to check the performance and spec . Cross dressing as i call it comes from previous owners not really knowing their components when replacing or its a bike built up out of older WELL used components . 

YES !!

Remove the wheels ... FEEL the bearings.

Chain checker is tells a lot ....

Friend bought a secondhand bike ... "recently serviced".  The bike was clean and looked good.

Turns out a no.name brand cassette was fitted, and the chain was stretched to bits.

All bearings were done .... 

On 11/26/2021 at 8:19 PM, FirstV8 said:

Is it really a problem mixing components? If they work together and the part is a quality part, there won't be an issue. 

Most manufacturers do this anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Longbarn Killer said:

Is it really a problem mixing components? If they work together and the part is a quality part, there won't be an issue. 

Most manufacturers do this anyway. 

It can work....

It is a sign of the wear and tear on the bike.  It is a red flag that each component should be checked, to confirm what must still be replaced.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:50 PM, Andreas_187 said:

I'm sorry but I can't believe these old and battered bikes are selling for 15k. Old components, scratched up levers and derailleurs, cranks look like they've been all over the mountain, cheap and nasty wheels. Keep looking is my advice. 

You sound like me. A road bike must be scratch free (MTBs are different). I also start asking questions in my mind as to how a road bike has been looked after when it is full of scratches. 

2 hours ago, Longbarn Killer said:

You sound like me. A road bike must be scratch free (MTBs are different). I also start asking questions in my mind as to how a road bike has been looked after when it is full of scratches. 

But then you said you would buy the Swift. Look at the photo where the guy is holding the pedal.... look at the crank, it is F***ED