Frame respray CT

SamL1220

Hey Guys!

I haven't been on here in years and I've now got a Chinese Carbon hardtail 29er frame that I'm lookimg to respray quite simply (gloss black) to build. Who in CT can do this well, cost effectively and fast?

Cant wait to have this ready to roll and hit the trails again. 

Cheers
Sam

Carbon Bike Repairs will probably give you the best cost effective result for straight forward resprays, but are good for a bit more. Service also good.

http://www.carbonbicyclerepairs.co.za/#contact

But if you want a real unique work of art, then Jared at BMC in Salt River / Woodstock

http://www.bicyclerepairs.co.za/contact-us/

or Anton at Bosgus Design

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bogusdesigns/?hl=en

37 minutes ago, DJR said:

Carbon Bike Repairs will probably give you the best cost effective result for straight forward resprays, but are good for a bit more. Service also good.

http://www.carbonbicyclerepairs.co.za/#contact

But if you want a real unique work of art, then Jared at BMC in Salt River / Woodstock

http://www.bicyclerepairs.co.za/contact-us/

or Anton at Bosgus Design

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bogusdesigns/?hl=en

Cost effective and CBR do not belong in the same sentence.

What he is needing is a panel beater or someone that will just do a cheap gloss coating. No work of art required.

Another thumbs up for CBR Durbanville.

Fast, efficient, cost effective.

They also make custom stickers.

2 minutes ago, King_Crispy said:

Cost effective and CBR do not belong in the same sentence.

What he is needing is a panel beater or someone that will just do a cheap gloss coating. No work of art required.

The Cape Town CBR people do reasonably priced work, not cheap though (just in case you have the Joburg one in mind).

But yes, with a bit of love, much time and lots of elbow grease you can even spray it yourself. Automotive 2K paints in rattle cans are now available from places like Economic Motor Spares in Observatory. A super hard wearing result can be achieved in your own garage. See what this Hubber / Capie managed as a first try at DIY - bloody good if you ask me!

Ja ... okay ....  "cost effective" certainly means different things to different people.

Not sure of current prices.

In 2019 a "standard respray" was in the order of R 2 000 to R 2 500.

Best would be to make an appointment, drive there and they will give you a quote for YOUR bike.  Each bike is different, and the preparation work differs widely between bikes and condition.

I've started spraying bikes as well now, mostly my own restoration jobs on steel classics and I can now understand why you pay what you do for a quality spray job. It's a labour intensive project if you want a professional finish and time costs money. Just sanding a carbon frame down to base is easily 3 hrs worth of work.

You can try Eugene @ Cycle Inn as well. He does an excellent job on Carbon Bikes.

He will definitely be able to help you.

Eugene: 0837291350

16 hours ago, SamL1220 said:

Hey Guys!

I haven't been on here in years and I've now got a Chinese Carbon hardtail 29er frame that I'm lookimg to respray quite simply (gloss black) to build. Who in CT can do this well, cost effectively and fast?

Cant wait to have this ready to roll and hit the trails again. 

Cheers
Sam

I won't use Bogus/Anton and fast in the same sentence. I know a lot of other people had a great experience with him but mine was crap to say the least.

I can recommend Jared at BMC. At the end of the day it comes down to “you get what you pay for”. You can get away cheap, but it won’t be perfect or put down some cash and have a professional job. 

8 hours ago, etienne_jordaan said:

I can recommend Jared at BMC. At the end of the day it comes down to “you get what you pay for”. You can get away cheap, but it won’t be perfect or put down some cash and have a professional job. 

He was my next stop.  Heard lots of good stuff about him 

But CBR Durbanville is much closer to me, and they were super efficient.

9 hours ago, M L said:

I won't use Bogus/Anton and fast in the same sentence. I know a lot of other people had a great experience with him but mine was crap to say the least.

99,9% of his work is nothing short of works of art.

But it was such a mission trying to get him to quote .... sad part is that he is only 2 or 3km from my house, but flatly refused to see the bike to quote.  It had to be done via email, which he answered days later.  YES, I had questions, as this was our first time redoing a bike.  More than a month for 3 or 4 emails ...

LBS just laughed, and told me to drive up to CBR.  

CBR D'ville, excellent job, they just got loads of awesome new colors and back in your hands within 2 weeks.

Have used them for repairs, respray, custom decals and bought a frame from them which they refreshed. 

Always more than pleased with the quality of the work and have never waited more than 10 working days. 

Contact me on Whatsapp 

I might be able to assist and can show work that ive done or the  results ive outsourced when im too busy to do it myself. Turn around time is a few days nothing more than a week