Road Groupsets

Dean Joffe

Hi All, 

I am trying to source a new groupset (SRAM or Shimano (disc)) for a road bike. Due to supply issues, there is absolutely no stock in SA.  Has anyone recently purchased a groupset and if so, where did you find stock (and how did you bring it to SA).

Dean have a look at Evobikes.

They have a good selection of road bike parts in stock.

I could not get the groupset I wanted for a MTB revamp last month.  Ended up buying the components from two stores.

Hope you get sorted

Try posting  a wanted ad on the forum...finding groupsets is tricky but the bikehub community is great and there are lots of parts floating around. What specifically are you looking for?

Very difficult to find the Hydraulic/disk options at the moment. I bought from my lbs a month ago or so and it was their last set of any range. 

Ebay is worth a go - takes a few weeks, but has always been reliable. 

Also look at Di2 options. Often better availability than the manual choices. 

22 hours ago, Dean Joffe said:

Hi All, 

I am trying to source a new groupset (SRAM or Shimano (disc)) for a road bike. Due to supply issues, there is absolutely no stock in SA.  Has anyone recently purchased a groupset and if so, where did you find stock (and how did you bring it to SA).

Check freewheel they have 1 set left, 60k without the crank, crank can be sourced at EVO bikes 82k job done