UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

I'm hoping we see more fireworks from AH this weekend. That said its a a venue known for its altitude so may favour some skinny swiss guys or that Italian. i wonder how Flucky and Nino will get on, or won't. Prost v Senna #2. 

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan stayed in Europe to conduct a high altitude training block hence he did not fly back for Western Province or SA XCO champs. He said after the XCC he was expecting the altitude training to be beneficial by Andorra and the training block to be beneficial for the latter half of the season. 
I believe he will do well in Andorra as he performed better than he expected in Lenzerheide. Holding thumbs and toes for his first Wrld Cup  XCO win in elites on Sunday 

the other two will likely take each other out at the start

19 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

the other two will likely take each other out at the start

Hmm, somewhere in this situation is a new take on the old dad joke "Q: How do you make a Swiss Roll? A: Push him down the mountain!"

🤣

AH is consistantly up there.  👍👍  his points must be adding up nicely.

Nino certainly faded early on ....

Not sure I understand the race and points format .... why is Loana sitting this weekend out ?  Surely that must ruin her championship chances .... or do they have a throw.away for the season standings ?

Edited by ChrisF

I think Loana is focussed on World Champs in France, not the overall, probably will sit out North American rounds as well (is there a Mont-Sainte-Annes?)

2 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

I think Loana is focussed on World Champs in France, not the overall, probably will sit out North American rounds as well (is there a Mont-Sainte-Annes?)

She’s only sitting out Andorra to get some rest after a long training block and two race wins.

she’s focussed on the world champs but the overall is also still winnableZ there’s 4 races left

The dust hasn't seem to have settled with the Swiss Big Cheese debacle last weekend - fair amount of licking of emotional wounds it seems. Perhaps they should have a Cheese Fondue together there at altitude to rebuild the kinship.

In the meantime, hope to see Alan bring it home, and the Romanian feature.

And hoping for some good racing with the ladies as well.

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

She’s only sitting out Andorra to get some rest after a long training block and two race wins.

she’s focussed on the world champs but the overall is also still winnableZ there’s 4 races left

Maybe ... maybe not, She withered last year.

Remaining rounds besides this weekend:

• July 29-31: Snowshoe, USA (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • August 5-7: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • August 24–28: UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – Les Gets, France
  • September 2-4: Val di Sole, Italy (DH/XCO/XCC)

1 minute ago, kosmonooit said:

The dust hasn't seem to have settled with the Swiss Big Cheese debacle last weekend - fair amount of licking of emotional wounds it seems. Perhaps they should have a Cheese Fondue together there at altitude to rebuild the kinship.

In the meantime, hope to see Alan bring it home, and the Romanian feature.

And hoping for some good racing with the ladies as well.

I like Matthias interview after the race. Nino’s pre race civies interview was so cringeworthy and insincere I nearly vomited. Great racer and 34 wins are special but damn what an ahole

2 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Maybe ... maybe not, She withered last year.

Remaining rounds besides this weekend:

• July 29-31: Snowshoe, USA (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • August 5-7: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • August 24–28: UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – Les Gets, France
  • September 2-4: Val di Sole, Italy (DH/XCO/XCC)

Her 2021 fade is what is triggering this rest period. Hopefully it gives her a strong finish to the season 

Just watched the race on RB TV.

Seriously impressed and chuffed to see AH consistently fighting for the top step. 

He has upped his game every season since making the elite step up and is now going nek and nek with the creme of the crop. 

Hoping and looking forward to another solid ride on Sunday. 🇿🇦🙌

Nino out his depth at 2000m + altitude or saving his matches for Sunday? 👀

2 hours ago, kosmonooit said:

Alan is also riding well in terms of strategy now.

He is indeed. I think he’s taken a while to feel comfortable riding his own race. 
I’d like to see the Hulk Rio that green jersey and Smaaaaash Nino. He can , he has the talent and ability