Riding glasses

Chadvdw67

3 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

guaranteed not to fall off

image.jpeg.131329de371007d70fddb09ffa8808e1.jpeg

Glasses falling off has never been a problem, and I cant ride with goggles either, they block my nose and I just hate the way they feel as well

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MTBeer said:

what do you guys do to solve the sweat in eyes issue - if it is an issue. I never ride with glasses because I sweat too much and it runs into my eyes. Then you have to take the glasses off to wipe - it's a pain in the ass.

Halo headband. Bought 4 while I was in the US for $7 each. Never ever drips in my eyes and doesn’t make you hot. 

Edit: I see they are stupidly expensive in SA (R400 WTF?). I would give them a pass if buying here. 

Edited by michaelbiker

On 2/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, MTBeer said:

what do you guys do to solve the sweat in eyes issue - if it is an issue. I never ride with glasses because I sweat too much and it runs into my eyes. Then you have to take the glasses off to wipe - it's a pain in the ass.

Had this issue the first time I rode with glasses, and now don't bother wearing any anymore. Mates of mine just use a folded buff, and it works perfectly. Although I suspect it won't be that grand when the temps are in the upper 30's like they have been lately.

46 minutes ago, StevieG said:

Had this issue the first time I rode with glasses, and now don't bother wearing any anymore. Mates of mine just use a folded buff, and it works perfectly. Although I suspect it won't be that grand when the temps are in the upper 30's like they have been lately.

I've been stung by bees on the face twice whilst riding, I'm not taking chances of having something hit me in the eye

I always ride with glasses out of necessity.

I don't use a buff or any other fancy sweat defence and I almost never have sweat drop in my glasses. Even in 40 degree Winelands heat.

How much do you guys sweat??

7 minutes ago, Trashy said:

I don't use a buff or any other fancy sweat defence and I almost never have sweat drop in my glasses. Even in 40 degree Winelands heat.

Like I have a faucet in my helmet 

12 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I've been stung by bees on the face twice whilst riding, I'm not taking chances of having something hit me in the eye

Sounds like if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all

Oakley Jawbreakers for me all the way. I've in the past struggled with other brands with the lenses fogging up when riding hard or changing my head angle in a particular way. this does happen with the jawbreakers but when I look up the bit of moisture on the lenses immediately clears leaving them as clear as before. I have a pair of 100%s and they fog up too but don't clear nearly as effectively.

25 minutes ago, StevieG said:

Sounds like if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all

second time my face swelled up during the night, landed up in the emergency room the next morning.

Never been allergic to bees before

36 minutes ago, Trashy said:

bucket loads. when I used to go spinning at gym I would have a lake of sweat under the bike after the class.

I also can't wear any sort of glasses when I ride. I sweat so much they become a big wet uncleanable smear after 1 hill. 

Luckily I have mad squinting skills from surfing my whole life and many years at sea. 

I also have really deep crows feet, usually a different colour to the rest of my face. It's wild

1 hour ago, Trashy said:

More than you, apparently.

In my case I think it's as much to do with my helmet as anything else, the pad has a retaining strip in the middle that makes sweat run down between my eyebrows and into my glasses. A Halo helps, but I can saturate that in 1.5 hours on a hot ride.

Hopefully one of the suggestions in this thread will work...

1 hour ago, Trashy said:

I'm a lean mean sweat producing machine :)

My genetic line sweat alot, it has been passed down to me. I also find the fitter I get the quicker I start sweating. Like the slightest bit of physical effort and the body goes "turn on the taps guys, he is going to overheat" .

Strangely enough its mainly through the head. I cant wear a hat when I work in the garden, it get drenched to quickly.

Reading through all the "I sweat alot" posts and it reminded me of a ride I did years back. 

Massive bunch pushing through this village and we hit a cliimb, this big dude in front of me was wearing a buff but folded in the way that "Len Blue underpants" wore his. The little flap at the back was drenched in sweat and it kept flicking up on riders behind him... 

Arrgghhh just thinking about it makes me nauseous...🤮