[Event] Tour du Cap 2022

Events Bot

Event Name: Tour du Cap 2022
When: 03/03/2022 - 06/03/2022
Where: , Esterville, Paarl, Western Cape
Category: Road

Road cycling stage racing finally returns to the beautiful cycling roads of the Boland this year in the form of the 4-Day Tour du Cap Stage Race from 3-6 March 2022, encompassing a total distance of 455km and 5090m vertical ascent.

Go to Event Page.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did this last year as a VA and this year VB... but I only see 3 of last years VB's returning this time round. Hopefully there are more guys as I would hate to be the only one not on the podium 🙈

Edited by WaldoZ

37 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

Did this last year as a VA and this year VB... but I only see 3 of last years VB's returning this time round. Hopefully there are more guys as I would hate to be the only one not on the podium 🙈

If I can get on the bike with the next week and stay upright till the event, I could be joining the VA bunch... 🤞

13 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I wonder if Old Helshoogte will actually be part of the route this year or if it will be another "last minute change"

Recently I was turned away twice when I try to do it, not sure what is going on there...

Looking forward to it !

Also rode last year and really looking forward to this year, but yeah I’m hoping there are more than 10 guys in Vets!

I normally race vet's but the bunches in last years event where small. Add teams into that mix and they start feeling even smaller. I rode in the Open batch was a little more enjoyable. 

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

Recently I was turned away twice when I try to do it, not sure what is going on there...

Looking forward to it !

the one time I got turned away, there was some traditional initiation ceremony going on there in the forest.

• 2 weeks later...

The worst part about Tour du Cap is tapering for it 😅

I'll probably change my mind somewhere around the Taal monument or maybe even before #1st-timer

10 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Depends how long my life span will be, but I don't think I qualify as a MAMIL yet

I'm looking forward to the time trial.